.app showing up

RGrphc2

...InSaNe...
I just upgraded to Tiger, and so far i'm loving it, taking forever to Index though, can't wait to try spotlight. :D

One question though all of a sudden .app started showing up after certain programs. How do i turn that off?

I think it may be a security "feature". This way you can see exactly what you are opening and whether or not it's a program or file.

It's probably more a security feature... now that the market share will increease,we need added protection against applications that could be hidden in a file or folder.

RGrphc2 said:
I just upgraded to Tiger, and so far i'm loving it, taking forever to Index though, can't wait to try spotlight. :D

One question though all of a sudden .app started showing up after certain programs. How do i turn that off?
I have noticed no change with the advent of MacOS X 10.4. Get Info will restore your familiar behavior.

RGrphc2 said:

Interesting this indexing. On mums MacMini I had to update to OS10.4 and indexing wasn't noted. My eMac had no notice of indexing, have i bought a Mac at the right time or what? :D

Back