Apple 17in Studio Display Problem

paleafterglow

Registered
hello,

i have a dual 1ghz G4 with a 17in Studio Display from apple. my video card is a nvidia geforce 4 ti

the problem is that all the sudden the power light on my monitor blinks 3 times and pauses and then repeats. the lower have of my monitor screen is really dark aswell. i have some hardware diagnostics and it all seems to check out ok... i pulled out the video card and re-inserted it and the problem remains. could it be a problem with the power supply not getting enough power to the monitor?

if anyone could help out or offer a suggestion, it would be greatly apreciated.... thanks in advance for any help

/alan

I can't explain the blinking button, but the dark patch could well be that your fluro lamp at the bottom of the screen is on the blink. You'll have to send it back to Apple :(

Give 'em a call.

thanks much for the reply... i finally was able to find out that 2 short flashes and one long one indicates a backlighting problem... so apple is gonna fix it or send me a new one. ill just be without a monitor here in for a couple of days

thanks again

/alan

That's alright :D

it's pretty cool that the monitor can tell you what's wrong with it. I wonder if my tiny little iMac LED would do that too...

*smashes a backlight* Hmm, I don't know if that will help me ;)

Back