Apple Airport 2.0.5 is Out!!!

JohnnyX12

Registered
For those of you that use airport check your software update. I personally don't have a base station so I don't see any of the changes for that, but I can now use 128bit encryption with my Airport Card and my Linksys wireless router. It feels like someone gave me my Oscar the grouch "security blanket" back. Mmmmm...security.

This software includes the latest version of the snow (dual-Ethernet) base station firmware - v4.0.7. Instructions for updating the base station firmware can be found in AirPort Help.

There is a new checkbox in the AirPort tab of the AirPort Admin Utility that allows the base station administrator to enable or disable configuration of the base station over the WAN port.

When enabling Internet Sharing over AirPort (commonly referred to as a Software Base Station) you can enter a quoted or hex-escaped password. This provides compatibility with Windows or other wireless clients that require an Equivalent Network Password.

Gee. they are making the whole thing more and more complicated for the average user (me) to configure my Airport.

In no time this will become Airpork. Gee...

Back