apple and novell?

nickn

Registered
I know I know..novell is disliked greatly by almost everyone, however in my place of employment (a university) we use novell almost religiously, and because of that I was curious whether anyone has found a way to use novell on a powerbook? we have certain servers that I use for storage that are only accessible via novell.

Any insight will be appreciated..I am going out on a limb by being one of the only OIT guys here that uses apple, so it'll be interesting.

I hate Novell, if only for its needless complexity, but I too had to administer a Novell Network as part of my course last year. I remember there was a commercial Novell client in the works for Mac OS X just a few months ago, and I will have to hunt around and see if it has been released. At the time, though, I was unable to find any way to get my iBook to talk to a Novell server, though there is usually another option that provides the same effect, depending on how the network is set up; since we can FTP to our Novell home directories, I simply set up the iBook to mount the share using ftp, and achieved the same effect.
I will go and see if I can remember what the Novell client was called. It was from a third party company, and would probably be expensive.

Back