Apple announces new 'innovating' product

"Revolutionary, innovative and different... and a pleasure for the eye" that's how Apple describes its new product that will be reveiled January 7 at the Macworld Expo. the article also says that Apple expects that the impact of the new product will be enormous!

We all know that come January 7th, Apple will be introducing the iMac2 with a LCD monitor. It's conceivable that Apple might also announced another product to add to their digital hub philosophy (PLEASE MAKE IT A PDA!), but the iMac2 will be the star of the show.

... with the rampant speculation.

There has been no confirmation of any PDA, iMac2, or any other product, and I haven't even seen any other Mac news site make mention of this announcement that Apple has made -- I remain mostly skeptical about it. And while the release of the iMac2 at MWSF is more likely than MWNY in July, I wouldn't bet on it being released. The thing that I _can_ guarantee with almost 100% assurance is better Power Macs.

Beyond that, I would suggest taking any rumors with a pound of salt. Let's not MWSF be another MWNY '01.

well, maybe stevo went too far in the past. one revolution per year. :) do we WANT the imac2 in january and then no revolution for another year? :)

i personally don't care for an imac, it's always been an underpowered machine. i would care for G4s at 933 MHz at the price of todays imacs. and G5s for the rest of us (the graphics professionals) starting at 1.2 GHz.

let's not give steve jobs any chance to surprise us. :)

<sarcasm>
if steve doesn't show us at least
- iMac II with wide LCD screen
- iPod II with 10 GB harddisk
- PowerMacintosh G5 at 1.6 GHz
- the long awaited 'middle' PowerBook with a 14" screen
- the iPad (Palm compatible Newton OS 3.0 based PDA with QuickTime layer, streaming DivX movies etc.)
we'll be disappointed, okay?
</sarcasm>

let's try and be realistic. faster powermacs? why not, motorola says they have the PPC 7460 ready at above 1 GHz, which could mean that Apple has a top of the line machine ready that will sport such a beast, but won't ship until March.

iMac 2? why not, the NewBeetle in computing has been around for too long already.

new portables? why? we've got the best and most beautiful portables around. if there are enough 1 GHz Sahara G3s around from IBM, they could advance the iBook to that number and maybe rename the PowerBook G4 to 'TiBook' and release it with a Sahara, too. Who cares for AltiVec when there are faster G3s for portables? but i guess: no portables at MW in January.

another 'digital hub'-device? yeah, why not a driver for palm os devices, that'd be nice enough for me, i'm using a windows xp box for my Sony 770C/E.

Personally I am waiting for some photoshop genious person to make a few mock ups kinda like teh iWalk mocks ups he he... I wonder what people will come up with :p

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Personally I am waiting for some photoshop genious person to make a few mock ups kinda like teh iWalk mocks ups he he... I wonder what people will come up with :p

Well.... your wait is over. :D I came across this the other day:

http://www.acorncreative.tv/imac2.html

Don't know if you've seen it before, but these are pretty convincing mock-ups. I personally like the lucite-wide-screen-mac best, but they're all interesting.

Heh the first one looks like a notebook, very cool looking
the second one looks tight! kinda small though (if compared to that keyboard)
the last one looks ill made :rolleyes:

I just want to remind everyone to keep a level head and not bitch after whatever the product is, is released. It will NOT be as cool as you imagine so, realize it and continue on in your Mac-X tasy. Of the OS type...

Sinterklaas kapoentje
leg wat in mijn schoentje
leg wat in mijn laarsje
dank U Sinterklaasje

PS When Sinterklaas paint it's hair it's Ned Alnib.

I think herve is indirectly talking to santa to bring him one of these :p

I will keep a level head this time...
Personally I am looking forward to an apple branded DVD/karaoke machine :p...oh oh ..or maybe that rack mount server ;)

Back