Apple commercials

ony_gosshamer

a.k.a. dundee
Doesn't it seem that apple ads have degraded. Think of elope, or the new iPhoto coomercial. I liked that "rip mix burn" one or that old "She is like a rainbow" commercial for the candy colored iMacs. I dunno, it seems the new ones are missing some "oomph".

I'm still wondering why Apple hasn't used any of the Monster inc. caracters in it's commercials...

i've got to agree on this. the last half good one made was the guy on the airplane with the ibook and even it didn't particularly show mac users in a good light.

then again, with commercials like these we can rest assured that apple will not grow too rapidly and we can stay virus safe:p

You are jealous! Maybe iMovie = Lightning. I don't know if a G4/733 is interesting. When it arrived I place it in the room where lightning comes in. I can place that old IBM white original VGA on it or a color one from Amstrad and maybe, just maybe I really needs someone to learn me Macosx.

I'm always disappointed that Apple ads are so lacking in content. The general public has no way of knowing about the cool and innovative things Apple has unless they see it from their couches. When it's finally copied elsewhere, they think Microsoft invented fill-in-the-blank!

-Rob

I agree with you rharder. DVD burning should have been more publicized when it came out. More than the Elope commercial. I had friends that, before the new iMac came out, still thought that dvd burning was a 5000$ expense. They didn't believe me Apple had it on their systems for a year now. It's kind of sad that it wasn't advertised as much as could have been. I hope it will with the new iMac coming out. Apple shouldn't pass beside this opportunity.

I guess someone talked them out of any more $6M only-to-be-screened-once-during-the-superbowl ads, which is a shame. I really liked that Ridley Scott one with the athlete doing the hammer-throw in the soul-less police-state, even if I did have to see it second-hand.
Still, you are right. They need a little more content in their ads.

Personally, I like Apple's ads, except for the "Baby Jack" and "Elope" ones, the two newest. Those just suck.

I always liked the ones where it just shows the product with music in the background -- Ruby, Indigo, Optical Mouse, G4 Cube, or even the G4 Tanks one. The only thing that Apple needs to do is to say "Apple. Visit www.apple.com." at the end, instead of just "Think Different.", so people actually know where to go -- even though they probably already do.

Back