Apple Developer Tools  -  10.1(5H16)

dark3lf

Registered
Could someone who has the select or premiere membership on connect.apple.com download the new dev tools package and mirror it somewhere for a day or two? It's not available otherwise and I need it badly. Thanks in advance!

the new developer tools have not gone into distribution for a reason. they are intended only for the seeded developers who are working with 10.2 prerelease.

Seeded developers pay between $500 and $3500 each year to get the developer mailings and access to the seeds in advance of the users.

Why would they risk that money to make it downloadable?

No wonder these lists are full of people with big system problems.

a bunch of know-nots downloading garbage from illegal servers just to be better than the next guy... and ending up with empty hard disks on their "only machine" do you think "real developers" have only one configurable machine?????

the fact is that some of the development locations are rather large and the apple disk mailings can fall into just about anyones hands....seems usually those that also "know-not" what dangers lie inside.

It is hard enough to make release software without bugs. How many are still in the Beta?????

why don't you change your name!!!!

how about d0mbJ3rk

McInstigator is right, that's not the reason at all as 10.2 won't be out until MWNY and 10.1.2 won't be out until MWSF. The reason they did that is for load balancing. They wanted to make sure the developers got first crack at it. It certainly does work with 10.1.1.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool than open it and have it confirmed.

at risk of invoking the ire of a dark elf, please allow me to repeat the (still quite valid) question - why do you 'really need' the newest dev tools?

On another tack, it seems really rude of Apple to post the latest dev tools on versiontracker with no indication that only certain classes of developer have access to it, forcing eg. student developers to go to through the hassle of going to connect.apple.com to discover that they are not there, reason still undisclosed.

My includes are pooched and the dev tools package for 10.1 won't let me re-install. I don't know why. I refuse to reinstall the entire os for just the dev tools, so I am hoping the new dev tools will wipe out my current install and let everything work again.

remove the receipt in
/Library/Receipts for

DevDocumentation.pkg
DevExamples.pkg
DevSDK.pkg
DevTools.pkg

that should allow you to install again.

I still insist... whatever the next release number.... the newest Dev Tools won't work until that is installed.

Script Builder is in there and it has some new depends... among other things...

Back