Apple Display not compatible with 12" powerbook

Steve C

Registered
Hey All,
I'm new to the board and figured that this would be a good time for my first post. I just recently purchased a 12" powerbook with the 867mhz G4 and 640 ram. I bought a 17" apple display and come to find out, it won't work so well with my pb. I didn't realize that the 12" kept its native res. so I assume the highest I can go on the 17" is 800 x 600. I am going to do my best to return this moniter to apple, but I was wondering if anyone can direct me towards a good flat panel moniter that will work well with my 12" powerbook. Thanks for any help.
-Steve

I have a 12" PB too, but when connecting an external monitor I can set resolution independently of that of my PowerBook. Only when you mirror displays you are limited to the maximum your built-in monitor can handle, which is 1024x768. But you can extend you desktop to the other monitor, instead of mirroring it. In that case you can set resolution of up to 1600x1200 IIRC. All this should work perfectly with the Apple Display (which is quite a good monitor btw.).

Aparently, there's an ADC-to-VGA cable which you can buy...it'll split the monitor ADC plug into 2 plugs, a VGA plug for your PowerBook and a power-plug for the wall

Back