Apple DVD Studio

gabrielleitao

Issac Newton loves Apple
For all Macintosh users that use this great software, please lets share what we think about Apple DVD Studio Pro, question about how to use it, and suggestions and anything you want to talk and share about this Pro software.

We can:
- Ask questions about Apple DVD Studio Pro
- Give suggestions about Apple DVD Studio Pro
- Give support to people that don't know how to useApple DVD Studio Pro (people like me, lol)
- Have fun!

C'mon, welcome aboard, lol.

Gab

To start, I will start with a question about DVD Studio Pro, which I just purchased, and I don't know yet you to use.

My question is: If this software lets me create my DVD, that means I create anything on my DVD, lol. The point is: I have this friend that is in my house and he lives in South America. Over there, the DVD Players and DVDs sold in the stores are all Region 4, and that means when he comes back home (to South America), he only can play DVDs that are region 4. What I want to do is create a DVD for him that can support all of the regions, if possible, only 1 and 4.

My question is that: If I create my DVD, can I choose what region it supports, can I choose one or even more than one?

Thanks for the help,
Gab

From what I know of this software.
I have found that setting Region in software is not able to be done.
DVD Studio Pro or iDVD will make a Region 0 = free DVD that will play on any hardware no mater what part of the world you or you friend(s) are in.

The Region setting that you are looking for is something that has to do with the CSS that is put on DVDs at pressing.
I hope that helps you out,
Michael

---
I can be found at The Cam Report. There I take a look at Apple Hardware and Software and 3rd Party Software and Hardware.

DVD Studio Pro is the one where it is possible to set a region, unlike in iDVD where everything is universal region, thus region 0. However region 0 is generically a good idea as it works everywhere. There is one thing to check though... if the TV and DVD sets in that region need NTSC or PAL (or other).
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60183 has a good world map of where which region is used...

Thank you Giaguara for that. Would you happen to know how to go about doing that?

I will post it over at my blog I have been working on a whole work up on how to do some fun stuff in both iDVD and DVD Studio Pro.

I searched the web and i found out that DVDs that are home-made, are all universal region, that means Region O. That is a great thing, I guess. Thanks guys, and if anyone else have questions about this great software... question about how to use it... how it works... or troubleshooting... lets share it here...

Hello, I have a few other questions about DVD Studio Pro.

I have a video that I would like to put on my DVD and, I would also like to add subtitles on this video. Assuming that DVD Studio Pro is a professional software, can I put subtitles there, right? How? If DVD Studio can HAVE and OPEN subtitles, but cannot CREATE subtitles, what software do you recommend me to write subtitles. I don't know what file extension for subtitles Macintosh uses, but on my PC I usually use SRT and SUB, sometimes even TXT. What about mac? What application should I use?

Another simple question about DVD Studio Pro that I am a bit curious about. :)... Is it true that Hollywood and other big movie industries use DVD Studio Pro to create DVDs so later they can sell their movies worldwide? Are the DVDs made with Macintosh computers running those Apple software such as Final Cut Studio for video, audio and DVD edition?

Thanks once again.
Gab

the reason I want subtitles is so I can choose Spanish or English when I play the DVD on a Real DVD player. :)

Back