Apple Education store oddities

themacko

Barking at the moon.
This is kinda strange. As some of you already know, I've been floundering around trying to decide on a new Mac (probably an iMac). So I've been messing with the online Apple store a lot. My college has a custom Apple store, found here. Mostly, the prices are $50 off the standard computer price.

I also happen to be taking at class at the local community college, so for the fun of it I clicked through to their Apple Store page, found here.

Suprisingly, the community college store has computers for $100 off! Now what's the deal with that?

those prices are determined by serveral different variables. these include % of the campus that use apple, the # of individual systems moved, and any current promotions for that school. For the best deal, sign up as a student developer. you can get the 800 MHz superdrive system for 1600 with airport!!! it will set you back 100 for the memebership, but that enitiles you to monthly mailings, sdk's, OS updates on CD, and various other goodies. good luck. (the adc student discount is about 20% i think)

The apple store at ASU allowed me to get a new iMac at the original price, which kicked ass, so I got way more than the $50 off that the online applestore for education would give me.

Does Apple check if you REALLY are attending the school you chose? I just graduated and was wondering if it's ok if I get the educational discount. I still have school access i.e. school e-mail, school mailbox, etc.

thanks

Back