Apple Exec's unloading shares?

I didn't know someone was unloading shares...

Care to include to link to the news story?

It's also pretty common for people to diversify their portfolio.

Now that the CFO unloaded even more today, I don't think we should just pass it over as "Buying another mansion" money...

It may be a sign of rough times ahead. Maybe Apple can't put enough Power into the next Power Macs so they fear stock taking a plunge when we're still at dual 1ghz when Intel releases 3 GHz P4 with 1 GHz bus speed..

That is a filing to intend to sell. Does anyone know if they actually sold? The market doesn't seem to care - shares went up.

R.

Yes! Let's start the bad news! Maybe we could talk about that Apple is dying (again). *sigh*

Apple is alive and well. Maybe the CFO did this, because Stevo called him a jerk at the office?

**** I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HERE ****

maybe he's quitting... if I were about to quit and had THAT MUCH in stock, i'd sell :)

Apple can't be dying again!!!

Didn't Apple make a huge profit last quarter? Didnt Apple sell more new iMacs than the orig iMac. (within the 1st month or so)

As far as I know, the iMacs are doing well and that's offsetting the loss of sales from the slumping iBooks.

Overall, Apple is having their margins squeezed by higher component prices. However, nobody thinks apple is going to die. Only that they might have a bad quarter.

Fryke is the guy who started the "Apple isn't going to die" stuff in what looked like an effort to put the original poster down. I don't know why he talks like that.

Anyway, they have a lot of cash in the bank. They are doing a lot of exciting stuff with the software. The hardware stinks. I won't predict what's going to happen with this quarter's profits but I will say it's not enough to cause any concern about Apple going away.

Vanguard

vanguard: why i'm talking like that? because i hate it that even the tiniest news or rumour bit that has anything to do with Apple leads to either 'that means G5 macs by the end of the month, right?' or to 'apple's gonna die!'. thus i said that apple is alive and well.

As far as I know, the iMacs are doing well and that's offsetting the loss of sales from the slumping iBooks.

That is good product management - the products are on different lifecycles. If a company can manage their products that way then it dramatically reduces the revenue risk and allows focusing of resource into the area next to be rejuvinated.

R.

Back