Apple hardware test error

Chud

Registered
I am running OS 10.3.9 on a Quicksilver G4 and recently had to replace the processor. Then I erased my drive,reinstalled OS 10.3 and then updated to OS 10.3.9. Since then every application I am using unexpectedly quits at some point. I also occasionly get a message saying I must restart the computer. I recently ran Apple hardware test twice and got these two errors: scc_/3/7 and scc_/1/5. I have no idea what these mean or what to do.Can anyone please help me?

Hi Chud - any answers on this? I'm in the same boat with the same equipment. I upgraded my processor with a new Gigadesigns Dual 1.8, and now I'm crashing all the time. Let's share results.

Thanks bobw - any idea what those actually mean though? I've read something about "changing the core voltage of the G-celerator"...does that sound familiar to anyone?

i'd definitely contact the maker of the processor upgrade. should be handled by their warranty - or at least their support...

Hello. I don't have a Gigadesigns processsor - but I've yearned for one for ages and I'm very jealous...

From what I've read, clock and voltage settings may be changed if the processor is unstable. However, changing the voltage setting without prior authorization from technical support will void your warranty. ... Take notes, and fully document the situation - keeping an eye on when and where the processor quits. Then contact Gigadesign:

For technical support and installation inquiries please email us at
support@gigadesigns.com or
call us at 510 919-1988 between 9:00am and 6:00pm PDT.

Back