Apple has "forgotten" me

jbaugh

Registered
've had the same "Member name" with Apple for many years. I have been a member of .Mac since the very beginning with the same member name and password for years.
Suddenly today my member name is not recognized by Apple at the Apple Store, discussion forums, and I can't sign in to my .Mac account. I get a message saying "Invalid member name or password". I know my .mac account expires any day now. But I have it set for automatic renewal and I haven't received any communication from Apple that my account would expire. Any ideas on what I can do? There is no phone number given for .Mac issues.
John

Follow up: The solution was simple and what I suspected all along. Apparently Apple has corrupted or otherwise "forgotton" my password. I clicked the link, "forgot password" and it allowed me to set up a "new" password. I just re-entered my old password, clicked the button and all is well once more.
John

I think .mac does not work for AppleID any more. At least I got an error using it the last time in bugreporter, and since all the AppleID are usually centralized format, I would guess that you would need to create a new one.
Hopefully the username as in your username@mac.com is still free.

(Maybe previously it was possible to create a username@mac.com even if your email address wasn't that?)

Back