Apple has made a TV capture device or something (proof from Apple's website)

simX

Unofficial Mac Genius
What in the WORLD?

http://www.apple.co.jp/digitalhub/captytv/index.html

It's in Japanese, so I can't read it, but from the looks of it, Apple has made a TV capture device or something.

Can anybody that can read Japanese translate this webpage for us? Also, if the page goes down, I've saved a web archive of it to view in Internet Explorer.

I hate to be a party pooper, but I don't think this device is made by Apple. The design cues don't seem to go totally with their current looks... plus, the thing says "Pixela" on the front... wouldn't Apple just put the Apple log on the front, and leave it at that?

Aha! And it uses USB on the back! Bah! Give me FireWire for my high quality video!

Sorry buddy. Interesting product though, eh?

This just appears to be something that is being sold through Apple Japanese website. If you look closely at the device, there is no Apple logo, but the logo "Pixela." Not to mention that it doesn't have Mac OS X compatibility yet! All current apple hardware/apps have OS X ability! This rough quote proves it :
"In Mac OS X correspondence schedule
As for the software which belongs to the CaptycTv, correspondence of Mac OS X is planned, (presently it is possible) to utilize with Classic environment."

Just to let you know, I don't speak/read Japanese, but used altavista translation. However, I am VERY interested in learning it :D

Sorry to burst your bubble:p :D

That CaptyTV thing looks pretty good too, and I think it claims to work on OS X and OS 9.

Damn, I wish I could get my hands on one of those... I wonder how much it is.

Well, I wasn't impressed by the picture. I'm not sure where the TV tuner comes into play... but for importing video (or just having a DV input), I went with the Sony Media Converter. It can import and export video with on-the-fly conversion.

And it's Firewire. Quite handy.

Cheers,
-Alex
_

Originally posted by diverman
Well, I wasn't impressed by the picture. I'm not sure where the TV tuner comes into play... but for importing video (or just having a DV input), I went with the Sony Media Converter. It can import and export video with on-the-fly conversion.

And it's Firewire. Quite handy.

Cheers,
-Alex
_

My friend's dad has one of those. It's pretty cool.:D

Back