Apple IIE transfers

vanburen

Registered
Does anyone know how to transfer data from an Apple IIE floppy to an IMAC? I cannot find anyone who knows. Thank you very much.

Wow! :p

The only way I can think of doing this is to find a 3.5" disk drive for that Apple II and then transfer it to a PC using a Macintosh emulator like Basilisk II. Most versions of the older Mac OS (Pre-X) support ProDOS. (Nothing to do with MS-DOS. This was Apple's version of DOS.)

lol. I, personally, would do this... Use the Apple IIe to put it on a 3.5 inch floppy, then put the floppy into my Performa 6400... then use dial-up to either e-mail it to myself, or use a SCSI zip drive, then put it into my PowerMac G3 with an internal zip drive, which has Ethernet, thus letting me put it on a Local Area Network...

But... I have those computers at my disposal. But it would work!

I would have done that too, but I'm assuming that vanburen doesn't have an Internet-connected Mac with a floppy drive built in. He might have to purchase a USB floppy drive but I don't know if those drives will recognize the filesystem used by the Apple IIe. :(

That's why I think an intermediate-old Mac is needed: It would have a "SuperDrive" floppy drive, that can read and write HFS, DOS, and ProDOS disks. (ProDOS, right? I'm pretty dang sure that's what the Apple IIe would use...)

There was an old program for mac os 9 that would allow you to hook up a serial cable and transfer the disk contents that way. It would send a small program to the IIe that would do the transfer. I can't think of the name, but I did have success transferring disk images that way.

Edit:

maybe this was it?
http://www.vangaalen.homeip.net/Php/indexvg.php

Back