Apple LCD Display Not working past 10.3.3!

Urbankato

Registered
Hi All, I have a G4 1.25 Dual (Mirrored Drive Doors) with a 17" Apple LCD Studio Display and when i try to update my OS with anything above 10.3.3 The monitor dies and the power light flashes 3 short times consecutively. I've tried reseting the PRAM and reseting the NVRAM in Open Firmware Mode but still nothing. I've also downloaded the latest ROM Update from ATI and didn't make any difference. My Graphics card is the Radeon 9000 Pro Mac Edition which is apparently standard in these machines so I can't figure out what's going on here! It will work in Safe Mode on higher operating systems which tells me it may be a software conflict but i can't seem to sort it out at all! I've heard of other systems exactly the same as mine that work fine on higher OS's so there is no reason why my hardware should be incompatible i don't think.

I would really appreciate some help or advise on this!!

Thanks,
Urbankato.

Hi All, I'm very pleased to announce that i solved the problem. I thought i would let you all know and jot it down here so if anybody else has the same problem in the future then the solution can be found. Basically as far as i can tell Apple stopped supporting monitors with an ADC connection at 10.3.4. Since the Radeon 9000 pro mac edition has both ADC and DVI i was able to get around it by buying the ADC to DVI adapter and hey presto!

:)

I've been fighting with the same problem for months and no tech support folks could help. I'm going to give your solution a try! Thanks so much!

Back