apple mail Bug

What version of Mail are we talking about, what version of Mac OS X? I've never seen a bug like this, but you could actually _get_ the messages 12 times, of course.

ok so OS 10.4.11 running mail 3.1
have done some more tests and checked all settings numerous times
I don,t think this is a mail server issue even though I want it to be??

I'm having the same problem. I have several emails forwarded to my company email. I want to be able to send and receive each, using the same email address the sender sent the original to for my reply to them. So, if the main account is who@whatever.com and the alias is other@someother.com, I want to receive and send using other@someother.com, if I choose or if I am replying. But I only want one copy of each email sent to each email address.

If I try to setup the same server and incoming email info for these aliases, Mail tells me there is already such and such setup for that server.

Mail instructions say to use the main account setup ( such as who@whatever.com in my above example ) and put each alias in the Email box (such as other@ in my above example ), separated by commas, which I did. The email has to be activated. I did. Now I get all the emails sent to the main account ( the one the aliases are forwarded TO ) plus any sent to the alias. Thus, I end up with duplicates of all the main account email.

Any suggestions? Using Mail on Mac OSX 10.4.11

Last edited:
To markiam:
Have you tried rebuilding your Mailbox (select your Inbox, then select "Rebuild" from the Mailbox menu)? I used to run into this problem a lot using IMAP accounts in particular, tho it hasn't happened since the move to Leopard.

To weknowjack:
Your problem sounds completely unrelated to the original poster's, and also kinda confusing. No offense, but it seems there are a few missing pronouns, punctuation marks and participles there. Care to rephrase? Perhaps draw a little diagram of how you want your email to flow in & out? It might help.

Back