Apple Mail Encoding problems

bookem

danno
I am having a problem between Outlook and one of my macs. When I send an email from Outlook to my 2 mac email address (both on the same private mail server), the correct content does not appear on my imac 24, but it does on my mbp, which has exactly the same system version etc. I have gone through every preference I can think of and they are all set the same on both Macs. Outlook is set to send HTML messages and not use Word as the email editor.

I know the simple fix is to set Outlook to send plain text mesasges (which works fine), but for this purpose I need to be able to send HTML

any help greatly appreciated,

I am having a problem between Outlook and one of my macs. When I send an email from Outlook to my 2 mac email address (both on the same private mail server), the correct content does not appear on my imac 24, but it does on my mbp, which has exactly the same system version etc. I have gone through every preference I can think of and they are all set the same on both Macs. Outlook is set to send HTML messages and not use Word as the email editor.

I know the simple fix is to set Outlook to send plain text mesasges (which works fine), but for this purpose I need to be able to send HTML

any help greatly appreciated,

I think one difference is the fact that one is INTEL based, the other powerpc based. Although it might appear to be the same versions, the underying software is different. Most likely the difference in HTML interpretation needs to be located there (maybe version differences in modules loaded beneath the surface).

Good luck, Kees

I think one difference is the fact that one is INTEL based, the other powerpc based. Although it might appear to be the same versions, the underying software is different. Most likely the difference in HTML interpretation needs to be located there (maybe version differences in modules loaded beneath the surface).

Good luck, Kees

Hi, thanks for the reply, but they are both Intel - iMac 24" 2.13 and MacBook Pro 2.33. My PPC iMac 17" doesn't suffer, neither does the MBP, just the 24" imac for some reason.

Hi, thanks for the reply, but they are both Intel - iMac 24" 2.13 and MacBook Pro 2.33. ...
Mail's ability to decode HTML mail has nothing to do with the underlying processor. In all probabilty, your problematic installation is due to incorrect settings. Place the two computers side-by-side. Go through each menu setting on each computer. Also, go through each account setting. Make sure that the settings on the problematic computer match those on the one where everything is OK.

Back