Apple Mail

I am using Apple Mail on Tiger, and recently it has started plucking e-mails at random from both my inbox and my sent mail, putting them in my outbox and then sending them again. If I delete them out of my outbox before they get sent, it just plucks another one. Any suggestions to how I can stop this?

Hello!Ihad the some problem or better, i still have it when i try to run BBC news.Anyway,sudnly i coundt hear any sound on the net,after some research,ifound on the real player site, that some mac models have a problem whit real player,but if you launch garage band application,its solved,now ican hear the net again ,with the exception bbc news.Greetings

StrugglingAuthor said:
Apple Mail
I am using Apple Mail on Tiger, and recently it has started plucking e-mails at random from both my inbox and my sent mail, putting them in my outbox and then sending them again. If I delete them out of my outbox before they get sent, it just plucks another one. Any suggestions to how I can stop this

First I'd go into the Mail preferences, then into the "Rules" tab, and delete all the rules. Its possible that if a rule has been setup wrong it might be selecting certain messages and putting them in Outbox.

If that still doesn't work, then I'd set up a new account to login with (in System Preferences --> Accounts) called "Test", setup Mail in that account, and see if it works as it should. If it does, you know that it must be something wrong with the config files in your own account. We could look at deleting them and reconfiguring Mail at that point.

Catedrais said:
Hello!Ihad the some problem or better, i still have it when i try to run BBC news.Anyway,sudnly i coundt hear any sound on the net,after some research,ifound on the real player site, that some mac models have a problem whit real player,but if you launch garage band application,its solved,now ican hear the net again ,with the exception bbc news.Greetings

Catedrais, if you're talking about a completely different thing then its best not to confuse people. Instead, post a new thread to discuss your problem.
That said, it sounds like you were actually replying to someone else. Adn yes, there is a known software fault in RealPlayer. Because it doesn't use the CoreAudio API correctly, but instead tries to bypass it, some sound cards that require a "switch on" signal don't turn on. Running an app like GarageBand at the same time is a good workaround.

Thanks for the help. Getting rid of rules didn't make any difference so I am going to try to set up the new account though there is a slight problem on that score as my broadband server requires me to change the configurations to start with in order to be able to use e-mail, so I can't actually set up a new account without replicating the configurations on my old one. Does this matter?

I should probably add that for the first few months, I didn't have any problems at all with mail, and I didn't make any new changes before it started going odd - on the other hand, the day that it went wrong, there were problems with one of my mail servers (Tiscali) and it all went weird after that.

Do you think I could just uninstall mail and reinstall it? And if so, how would I go about doing that? Thanks again.

Back