apple mail

ekomomai

Registered
I am new to the mac platform.
I have set up mail accounts in apple mail. My verizon accounts work fine.

I set up my live office account (POP) and I seem to be receiving mail through that server. I set up the outgoing server (smtp) and it seems to work. that is to say the test messages that I send to myself are sent. ( no longer in the out box and show as sent in the sent folder.) Only problem is I haven't actually received the mail. This is the case when trying to send to other parties using that outgoing server

I got error messages sending when I set the account to use password authentication ( which I believe is necessary). the error message asked for the password again. and even when I checked the remember this password box, the same error messsage would appear.
It's a puzzlement!!

thanks in advance

To test in apple Mail startup Mail. Then in Mail select the menu item "Window" and select "Connection Doctor" to test you email settings are working at all.

Now most ISPs block port 25 past their servers. The ISPs believe this will stop spammers using there accounts. This belief was old in 1999. To get to a STMP account that is past your ISP email servers then set you SMTP server to use Port 587. Modern email servers can also use this port as a SMTP port.

Good Luck.

Back