Apple Music Store Ads

I agree, although Apple has proven to be an advertising powerhouse, the switch ads weren't too hot, and the music store ads are dismal. They don't show you what the Apple store is, how it works, how much it costs, etc. The idea is great, but it's only PART of the finished ad. They could have kept the singing people, had they incorporated it into a bigger ad.

Dear All,

As the Comic Book Guy says in "The Simpsons", "Worst Apple adverts...ever."

The new Music Store adverts should be scraped and whoever signed them off should be shot and then fired.

Is that *really* the best that Apple could come up with! Honestly?!

Absolutely total crap!

I've said my piece, hopefully Apple will listening? Doubt it...

Originally posted by Dlatu1983
Androo, Apple doesn't know how to advertise? I'm an advertising major, and I can tell you, Apple's "1984" commercial is considered by everyone in the advertising business to be the best commercial ever made. Yes, EVER. The "Think Different" commercial is also in the top 10 commercials ever made.

But I don't get that ad. It doesn't make sense. Maybe I am too young...

Which ad, the "1984"? It's a great ad, but I prefer the "Think Different" ad...the first time Steve Jobs saw it (when the finished product was screened for him) he cried. It's a very emotional work.

I think the "Think Different" ad was a different kind of ad.... The original Think Different ad was no an ad to PC users... it was an ad to the Mac using community, when it was at a moral low, saying "Stick with us! We're getting better, we promise!" It was a sort of rally for Mac users, not for the rest of the world.

That is why we love the Think Different ad. it's for us. Plus, it makes you feel all warm and squishy inside, and makes you want to put a dent in the universe.

I liked the switch adds. They worked for what they went to do. Try to show normal people who swithced. Helping to eleviate fears of other who were thinking of switching.

The new music adds are an extension of that add type, but do not do the same thing. I think they shoud be very face paced. Young, hip, and maybe even having artist in them. But it is just to...?

I think they are not great. I do not hate them, but they are not great.

Matthew

I think what's making it work is the cheesy-ness of the ads. If that kid has real talent, he'd rap the cuss words too like Eminem. J/k. :D

Just thought I'd mention this.
Apple doesn't make ads. Blame TBWA Chiat/Day.

And it's funny someone mentioned Infifnity. That's their client too.

No. Blame Apple. They have to approve the ad campaign and sign the checks. They could do a little infomercial-styled ad from Jobs' launch speech explaining various elements of it and the simplicity to use, followed by an artist testimonial. Fleetwood Mac on Macs. Em only on an eMac. Dylan humming The Times They Are A-Changin', etc.

You can look at it that way. But to me, the greatest insult in all this goes to the agency who created it.

I see your point, but have to disagree. Most people aren't saying: Wow, TBWA Chiat/Day has come up with some weak ads!
No, people are saying: Apple's ads are lame! Like it or not, 1984 was a trend-setter. And Think Different was also good as gold. But you can't rest on what was done in the past. No one outside the advert world cares a dang if this company or that company or 100 monkeys with iBooks came up with the ad campaign. But there are people who may be turned off by this campaign. Just look at some of the threads. A good number of these could be tweaked into solid, even good, commercials.
Apple's the bottom line. I say get the artists out there, get Steve Jobs out there, gets Lars from Metallica out there. Doh! Ok, maybe the last one might be a little difficult. :)

I love that they've been able to find new stereotypes to showcase, including:

- All black people are soulful and can sing
- All ex-hippies are old, ugly, and can't get past the 70s
- All white guys are dorky and can't dance
- All 11-year olds love...Wait, what the HELL is an 11-year old doing listening to Eminem? (Ah yes, this is the US, home of hip-hop culture. I forgot about the apathy that is a standard part of parenting nowadays)

Rip

Yeah, but to people in the "advert world" it is a double upset. I'll leave it at that, 'cause I think we both agree they suck.

Originally posted by Ripcord
I love that they've been able to find new stereotypes to showcase, including:

- All white guys are dorky and can't dance

But this stereotype is so true! ;)

Back