Apple Music Store "Disappointment "

David Simmons

Registered
I recently bought my first CD from the Apple Music Store. My experience was good. I thought the sit was great with the exception of the available selection. But, hey it new I thought I will give them a break. The down load strait forward with no problems all the way down to completion when I discovered that this new format AAC will not let me convert to MPG or burn a CD. As usual Apple has no way a connecting a real person to see if it is some I did wrong or is this the way it is suppose to be.

What a disappointment. I look like Apple was going to help the music industry by making it easy for consumers to purchase their music. But instead they fail short and if this is not corrected so will the Apple Music Store.

If I buy music, it is mine, and I want it to be just like any other music I buy. For now buy real CDs, you get what you pay for….

I don't plan on using the Apple Music store. 99 cents a song is still way too expensive. I don't get a hard copy, a case, or any of the artwork, and the CD still costs me the same price. That is ridiculous (there should at least be a price break for downloading a whole album). Until they price songs at 50 cents a piece or lower, I'd rather have an original copy of the CD.

Originally posted by David Simmons
Also keep in mind that you can't burn a CD of your new download music. I think they except you to buy a iPod.

That is false, I have burned about 10 audio CDs so far. Some have been a mixture of MP3s and AACs and some have been just AACs. They all work fine on my stereo.

You can also convert your AACs to MP3s but you will lose a little quality.

I have burned cds as well. i think you have to use itunes to burn the cds though.

Ugg is right, you can convert aac->mp3, but you do lose a lot of the quality.

Heavy C: There is a price break when you download the whole album. $10 per album even if it has 20 songs on it. If the album only has 6 songs, you pay $5.94 (6*.99=5.94)

Originally posted by HeavyC
I don't plan on using the Apple Music store. 99 cents a song is still way too expensive. I don't get a hard copy, a case, or any of the artwork, and the CD still costs me the same price. That is ridiculous (there should at least be a price break for downloading a whole album). Until they price songs at 50 cents a piece or lower, I'd rather have an original copy of the CD.

There is a price break for purchasing an album as opposed to individual tracks, at least for most albums.

And, again, you can burn your AAC files to CD without restriction.

Without some sort of DRM (Digital Rights Management), a project like this would never be supported by the recording industry.

I, for one, am extremely pleased with the iTunes Music Store, and am happy to see it becoming so successful.

I have also burned CDs from my purchased music as well. The AAC file is then converted into AIFF file, take that CD rip it back to mp3 if you want it as an mp3 so badly.

I am also happy with this service as well. I've talked to a very "PC ONLY" friend of mine and he's even considered this to be a cool thing. I brought up the points that Steve Jobs did during the keynote, about getting some nasty compressions and the time wasted hunting down illegal music. Isn't it worth the 99¢? I think so.

Over a Million downloaders can't be wrong!

I just bought Bare Naked Ladies Greatest Hits, 20 songs = $9.99 what a deal!

There seems to be 4 groups of people when it comes to DRM and music.

1. The under 18s who have grown up with Napster, etc. who don't know anything else and think it is perfectly ok to dl music for free.

2. People who don't have the time or the patience to sit down and search for music via P2P and are willing to buy music like they have in the past but want it to work on their computer, iPod, cd player etc. This is my group.

3. Those of any age group who just feel that free means better and want to flip the finger at the music industry for being such a bunch of buttheads.

4. Those who feel that all digital music is a bunch of bs and will continue to buy vinyl and cds because the quality is better and they feel a need to actually possess the cd/record, liner notes and jewel case.

Of course there is any infinite number of combinations and these are only generalizations. It is interesting to see such a split though when it comes to music and the vehemence that accompany people's opinions.

I know, total troll comment but I'll take a bite... ;-)

Assuming you meant MP3 (instead of MPG), why would you bother unless you want to "share" your music or (gasp), play it on a non-iPod MP3 player?

Burning to CD as audio and/or data works fine so far; no issues or problems with implementation there.

Apple has made it easier for consumers to purchase your music... just not sharing it.

Cheers.

Originally posted by David Simmons
The down load strait forward with no problems all the way down to completion when I discovered that this new format AAC will not let me convert to MPG or burn a CD. As usual Apple has no way a connecting a real person to see if it is some I did wrong or is this the way it is suppose to be.

What a disappointment. I look like Apple was going to help the music industry by making it easy for consumers to purchase their music.

Back