Apple needs a better slogan than "Everything is Easier on a Mac"

Wow these are all so much better than EE on M. I think the Apple marketing department should choose one, (or stick with Think different), and then take the weekend off to celebrate the new slogan. So many of those would keep Apple fresh and out there. I don't like the "hug a mac" one but Simply Powerful is elegant and calls to the techie and technophope in all of us.

I have to go with "Power Simplified"

I was reading the posts and came up with it as I read.. then I found that someone else had posted the exact quote! Two Apple loves can't be wrong.

It really is the best solution, it hints about the Unix underpaintings of the OS, and the Aqua interface...

Another one that stuck out was "Love Your Computer Again" which would fit very well with Apple's Hippie image.

Apple only wins this war if they can prove that there really is no choice in computers... using a PC is just wrong...

How about some of these for consideration:

"Apple, it's just right"
kind of a clarification to the PC users out there.

"People and Power holding hands"
Kind of long, but could be used on an independece political freedom spin.

"Are you there yet?"
This one could be turned around a bit too easily... critics of the mac could ask the question back... but I figured I'd leave it in as an option.

"Smile, it's a Mac"
Just a playful reminder to those considering the mess of buying a machine... and it also serves the people who currently own the machine.

I am sure there are more, but those are just off the top of my head.

That we're all pretty much on the same track! I think we all agree that the main point the slogan should present is: Unix = Power, Mac = Ease of Use.

I like "Power Simplified", and my only alteration would be to modify it to: "Powefully Simple". I just think it's a little easer to read, say, and remember.

Just my opinion of course! ;-)

-B

I'm new to the Mac platform. When I use Mac OS X and see the attention to detail or when I read about how great the iPod is or when I admire the engineering in the new iMac, I'm reminded of an old Carly Simon song..."Nobody Does It Better". I think that would make a cool slogan for Apple. I think it very simply expresses what Apple sets out to do with their products: deliver an experience that is just better than what the other 95% of people settle for.

Heh, I think they should keep the currently changed slogan. Just so PeeCee users can whine like you are all doing.

Oh, here's one for you: "Suck it up".

Originally posted by vitaboy
Secondly, Microsoft dropped "Where do you want to go today" a while ago. It's been replaced by "Are you XPerienced?" I guess you missed all the TV commercials of people flying around through the air after "experiencing" XP.

We don't get Apple OR Microsoft commercials here in Perth. Actually, we DID get some Windows XP ads, but I was sure they still had Where do you want to go today. Ah well.

Originally posted by Koelling
Remember all those Dodge Ram commercials where it said "Think" I always thought "Different" afterwards. It was just reaction.

I thought it was the other way around. Wasn't their slogan "Different." with an Apple Garamond-y font? That really pissed me off -- it was just basically stealing the slogan. :mad:

For me, if I was making the slogan, I'd use this:

Powerful. Simple. Elegant.

I know it's weird to have 3 one-word sentences, but it gets the point across and it's catchy.

I am very disappointed with Apple.
"everything is easier on a mac" is just plain stupid. They should just stick with "Think Different". It worx so much better IMHO. Plus, all my peecee using friends refrain from macs exclusively because they are so much easier to use, which means to them macs are less powerful.

email

Everything is Easier on a Mac will sell to a lot of Windows converts, but it does sort of put the Pro Mac users out.

I'm sure Apple isn't trying to offend anyone with it, but I do believe they could have done better.

What ever happened to "The Power to Be Your Best" ?

Anyways, I don't think "Everything is Easier ona Mac" is trying to replace Think different. I haven't seen "Everything is Easier on a Mac" crammed onto the new iMac commercial, so I guess until they think of a new short slogan, they'll just use the sloganless Apple Logo to get their point across.

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) someone suggested Apple change their slogan to "Buy a mac or we'll kill your entire family"

Heh, they should change it to that!

Back