Apple News: MacOS 10.3.3 Update Released

Well, what exactly _do_ you change in the exchange rates? Maybe you're entering a comma instead of a point or something? (Although that shouldn't lead to a crash either...)

Doesn't matter if i put in any data or not.
Clicking exchange rates is enough to crash it.
The strange thing is that the calculator works fine otherwise.
The calculator uses the net for updating the exchange rates.
But i don't have any problems with networking like surfing the net or email.
Very strange.

Well I just tried the combo updater, and the graphics drivers are the same as the graphics driver from the system update version.....oh well didn't hurt to try.

hulkaros said:
I installed first the stand alone update of 10.3.3... No new graphic drivers... I installed the Combo Update of 10.3.3 and new graphics drivers:

Voila! :D

I saw your screenshot. They're the same version as mine. I did the software update version, so either they're not updated :(, or mines updated too :)

Well I booted off of my TechTool eDrive, which I setup when still in 10.3.2, and the drivers are 1.3.4 as reported by System Profiler.

So it looks like they did update the drivers both via software update, and the stand alone updater.

Haven't noticed any difference in performance personally. I tried Unreal 2004 last night (still haven't tried Halo again), it worked fine. Didn't notice any increase in the fps, but I didn't really have any issuses before with my geForce 4 Ti.

Yeah, I've tried MOHAA and there doesn't seem to be any (tangible) improvements. Ah well...

hulkaros said:
I installed first the stand alone update of 10.3.3... No new graphic drivers... I installed the Combo Update of 10.3.3 and new graphics drivers:

Voila! :D

Glad that you tried it, but those are the same drivers that everyone else has said that were installed with the non-combo 10.3.3 throughout this thread. And that we've seen no measurable change/improvement.

I asked way earlier though - what are the ATI driver versions in 10.3.2??

As I posted above, System Profiler listed the graphics drivers for 10.3.2 as 1.3.4.

Hope that was what you where looking for.

Hi Guys,

My $0.02. I agree with btoth. It was nice surfing through the finder into the network shares. Rather than just clicking, and maybe waiting a second or two while the directory info gets sent through the network, now, I have to goto the finder, tell it which folder to mount, let it connect the share, go back to the desktop or sidebar and THEN browse. Plus, if my network hasn't quite finished transmitting the directory information, finder crashes to the desktop. IN 10.3.2, it would just pause while waiting for the info.

While I agree it is nice to have desktop/sidebar access to my network shares, If I reset and/or turn off my machine, the aliases disappear, and I have to remount the shares anyway...so whats the point?

Ahhh, vent mode off...

Best,
Rich

Richman67 said:
While I agree it is nice to have desktop/sidebar access to my network shares, If I reset and/or turn off my machine, the aliases disappear, and I have to remount the shares anyway...so whats the point?

drag & drop your share into your startup items, it makes it mount ehn you log in

Is there a way to use the old "Net Browser"?
The new one is the same as CMD+K done in finder. It lets you to mount a shared partition one by one. I want to be able to browse all the partition of a mac without having to choose what to mount every time.
It should be useful if finder shows on the left bar the entire mac and not only the partition, so I could be able to rapidly check what mac I entered.

Sorry for the english ;-)

I just reinstalled and played Civ III on 10.3.3 which I haven't played for a long time. It was much quicker and less jerkier with less lag. The whole playing experience was more enjoyable and less frustrating. This could also be the fact that the last time I played was in Jaguar, so Panther as a whole has improved this, not specifically 10.3.3.

Looks like I'm now re-addicted to CivIII. It took me so long to get off it!! ;) Back to long long nights infront of the mac trying to dominate the world etc....

3mors said:
Is there a way to use the old "Net Browser"?
The new one is the same as CMD+K done in finder. It lets you to mount a shared partition one by one. I want to be able to browse all the partition of a mac without having to choose what to mount every time.
It should be useful if finder shows on the left bar the entire mac and not only the partition, so I could be able to rapidly check what mac I entered.

Sorry for the english ;-)

You'd think if Microsoft could pull it off, so could Apple. :rolleyes:

Because to some people 1MB = 1,048,576 bytes, and to others it is 1,000,000 bytes, maybe? Who knows...

Here's a completely unrelated one. I just noticed that when I go into Calculator.app, type in "70.1" and then hit the "*" key, the value in the field lists as "70.09999999999". I can't actually get "70.1" to stay in the screen, and it DEFINITELY affects calculations. Does anyone else have this problem?

Ripcord said:
Because to some people 1MB = 1,048,576 bytes, and to others it is 1,000,000 bytes, maybe? Who knows...

Here's a completely unrelated one. I just noticed that when I go into Calculator.app, type in "70.1" and then hit the "*" key, the value in the field lists as "70.09999999999". I can't actually get "70.1" to stay in the screen, and it DEFINITELY affects calculations. Does anyone else have this problem?
I've had a similar problem before...

The answer I got was basically "Well, computers inherently have a flaw in them that produces this result". I can't remember the reason. And while that's not helpful at all, maybe it will help you feel better? :)

MDLarson said:
I've had a similar problem before...

The answer I got was basically "Well, computers inherently have a flaw in them that produces this result". I can't remember the reason. And while that's not helpful at all, maybe it will help you feel better? :)

If i type in 70.1 and hit the multiply command, it stays as 70.1

Back