Apple or Windows? Which is better?

contoursvt said:
Um...its not running on a Mac G5. Its running on a multicore PowerPC chip that has nothing to do with Apple so your xbox statement is really meaningless. Guess you had nothing else to come up with.

http://lowendmac.com/musings/05/0513.html

IGN's article about Xbox 360 demo running on a Powermac 'Alpha kit'.

Anandtech's article about the Xbox 360 demo running on a Powermac.

Both include images.

The alpha kits were used because they had a similar processor setup.

Oh, and your link, about IBM making a 3.2Ghz processor for MS but not for Apple... it's a gaming machine. It has a lot less to do. You wouldn't see that speed on a Powermac as of now, it has so much more to do. But the Xbox 360 doesn't, so it can have a bigger processor and get away with it.

Hi convert, maybe i'm still missing the point. What does a game console have to do with anything though? I posted the above link to show that the console's processor has nothing to do with the current G5 (as the previous poster had made a comment to warrant my link). The links you sent me basically show the same. They may be able to develope for the new xbox on a G5b but its much slower because the processors are much weaker as is the video hardware so.... so I dont really follow why you sent me those links. I already know the hardware is not the same.

contoursvt said:
Hi convert, maybe i'm still missing the point. What does a game console have to do with anything though? I posted the above link to show that the console's processor has nothing to do with the current G5 (as the previous poster had made a comment to warrant my link). The links you sent me basically show the same. They may be able to develope for the new xbox on a G5b but its much slower because the processors are much weaker as is the video hardware so.... so I dont really follow why you sent me those links. I already know the hardware is not the same.

Sorry, I'm just replying to your previous post (that was replying to the post before that about the XBox).

You said that the Xbox 360 demos weren't being run on Macs. They were.

I see where we're getting confused here. I think kubbie meant the Xbox 360s at E3 were 'running on macs' (but were just macs, in fact). Of course, the console itself, while PPC, isn't anywhere near a Mac.

I see, sorry, I missunderstood as well :) Ok I thought he meant that the final Xbox360 was a G5 - see helps if I read carefully next time ;)

Randman said:
I'd be interested in hearing what software applications don't have a peer on the Mac side.

Well dear Randman does AdobePremierePro answer your question? Of course there is FCutPro but ill have to learn that from scratch in order to use it!! :D

zoranb said:
Well dear Randman does AdobePremierePro answer your question? Of course there is FCutPro but ill have to learn that from scratch in order to use it!! :D

That means there is a peer.

Back