Apple OS licensing

I'm sorry to hear of your poor experiences with this forum. I am unfamiliar with the threads you're talking about, but is that any reason to hijack this thread? What has this got to do with Apple's OS Licensing? You should start a new thread in the café.

Nah - he's off to lunch or something...

Back on target, are we talking a working live cd, or a video that shows how to get things done? The working cd would have to work on every conceivable configuration or it would be a bust, cause more trouble than it was worth, first impressions being what they are.

The second idea might be interesting - a half-hour infomercial that runs full screen at real time.

They could do both. Pop in a DVD into your Windows PC, an application tests whether your hardware would support booting the LiveDVD, and if not, you'll watch the infomercial, if yes, it'd let you boot from the DVD.

dmetzcher said:
Ah...it's not "chow". I think you meant "ciao". LOL.
I love this place!

Actually, that's in Italian. Argentines spell it "chau" and it's only meant for goodbyes. :D

pds said:
Nah - he's off to lunch or something...

Back on target, are we talking a working live cd, or a video that shows how to get things done? The working cd would have to work on every conceivable configuration or it would be a bust, cause more trouble than it was worth, first impressions being what they are.

The second idea might be interesting - a half-hour infomercial that runs full screen at real time.
I'd never thought of using the word "informercial", but, yes, that would be great. SOMETHING would be great. Just so long as it doesn't look like one of the informercials that I see at 4 AM here in the United States. Users could boot from the DVD, and it would run full-screen, showing off what can be done with a Mac. You could cut to video of people using them, etc. I can see the point about the hardware, so a simple, bootable DVD that gives users a taste would be fine. Something that they can take home when they visit the Apple store, or order/download (for free) from Apple's Web site. Somethig that can be given away with every new Mac and every piece of Mac software sold by Apple, so I can give it to a friend and pass it around.

Back