Apple ranked 9th in Portables Sales!

Originally posted by Jason
im actually surprised it is that low in the top 10 o_O

...well, it could be worse, don't you think? 10th after Gateway or something... :eek: :p

Don't forget that even big guns like IBM are in 5th place of that list PLUS we, the Mac users, are just 3% of them all! I think that those results are VERY good, aren't they? :confused:

In the end after all said and done, Apple lowered their portables prices and they are getting ready to improve their portable lines some more in the next couple months... I think that Apple will perform even better in the next quarter results :rolleyes: :p :D ;)

:)

Fujitsu-Siemens?
NEC?
Acer?

:confused:

I've never even SEEN portables from these guys...

I think that's a low spot for Apple...I would have expected somewhere around sixth.

Fujitsu makes both budget and ultra expensive ultraportable laptops (2.2 lbs with a DVD ROM drive built in...basically a glorified DVD player with Win XP). NEC makes the same thing. Acer laptops are actually quite good. I was looking at getting one before I became a mac guy. Considering the price differrence and market share, I'd say# 10 is VERY good...and with the lowered prices and new models, it's only gonna get better.

Originally posted by Izzy
Fujitsu-Siemens?
NEC?
Acer?

:confused:

I've never even SEEN portables from these guys...

I think that's a low spot for Apple...I would have expected somewhere around sixth.

...you live in US of A thus you "never" heard of those guys... :rolleyes: Big players here in Europe, especially Fujitsu-Siemens and Acer! :cool:

Originally posted by Dlatu1983
Fujitsu makes both budget and ultra expensive ultraportable laptops (2.2 lbs with a DVD ROM drive built in...basically a glorified DVD player with Win XP). NEC makes the same thing. Acer laptops are actually quite good. I was looking at getting one before I became a mac guy. Considering the price differrence and market share, I'd say# 10 is VERY good...and with the lowered prices and new models, it's only gonna get better.

Apple is actually at number 9... :p :D ;)

Originally posted by hulkaros
...you live in US of A thus you "never" heard of those guys... :rolleyes: Big players here in Europe, especially Fujitsu-Siemens and Acer! :cool:

Hey I gotta live somewhere, just like you. Can't be all places at once.

I have HEARD of Acer and Siemens, just never SEEN their laptops.

Consider also that Apple makes laptops not only in the US of A, but ALSO in Europe. Siemens and Acer might be big players over in Europe, but not here. Only furthers my suprise that they are so high up compared to Apple.

Originally posted by Izzy
Hey I gotta live somewhere, just like you. Can't be all places at once.

I have HEARD of Acer and Siemens, just never SEEN their laptops.

Consider also that Apple makes laptops not only in the US of A, but ALSO in Europe. Siemens and Acer might be big players over in Europe, but not here. Only furthers my suprise that they are so high up compared to Apple.

...make fun of you or something... I hope my previous reply didn't upset you or something... If so, I apologize :eek: :(

Anyways, I believe that if Apple supposedly is at 3% of computer market globally and with their famous "higher prices than everyone else with no good performance at all" managed to sell THAT many portables it is indeed something to take a good look at... Heck, they even surpassed Gateway! :rolleyes: :p :D ;)

Originally posted by hulkaros
...make fun of you or something... I hope my previous reply didn't upset you or something... If so, I apologize :eek: :(

Anyways, I believe that if Apple supposedly is at 3% of computer market globally and with their famous "higher prices than everyone else with no good performance at all" managed to sell THAT many portables it is indeed something to take a good look at... Heck, they even surpassed Gateway! :rolleyes: :p :D ;)

No problems here amigo, just making clear what I was stating and why I was saying it.

(Watch out with the rolleyes smiley if you don't mean to belittle someone :p )

...and yes...thank God we didn't finish behind Gateway. LOL

Back