Apple Remote Desktop 2.0 is out!

I've been tempted multiple times to install this on my Mom's computer... but she has a friggin modem.

Does anyone have any real-world expereience using this via a modem? Is it tolerable, or should I still with ssh?

Screen-sharing in Apple Remote Desktop 2 works not just with Macs but with any Virtual Network Computing (VNC)-enabled computer, including Windows, Linux and UNIX systems.
Oooooooohhhh...

Has this always been true or is this a new feature?

Does it work the other way around? Can VNC clients control it?

Why is this in the networking forum? This should be in the "News" forum.
Mods, could someone move this back to the correct forum?

I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything on ARD 2.0, I just now noticed that it was already out!

I believe the multiple os compatibility is a new feature. I had the previous version and I don't remember it working on a PC... I could be wrong...

My company recently purchased this for me. I can now service computers across the office right from the convenience of my own office. It's very cool.

I used to use Timbuktu of course, which worked much better for WAN connections. I don't think Remote Desktop is recommended for WAN connections regardless of bandwidth.

I have been having one reoccuring issue with the program however, I cannot seem to generate reports from client machines. I keep getting a "Database error". It doesn't seem to matter what machines I attempt this report on (G3s, G4s and G5s all seem to be effected). I've also installed the administration software on my laptop, with no luck.

Back