Apple Remote Desktop and VPN

RBBarrett

Registered
I am connecting to my network via VPN to a Linksys router. works great, it connects no problem. I see all my kids computers and home server in Apple Remote Desktop and can connect, but the screen remains blank, I never get an image. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? I know I am connecting though the firewall as I had one of the kids change my password and when I tried to connect it told me the password was wrong, then we changed it back and it connected fine again. Any help much appreciated. I have allowed UDP traffic on 3283 as directed ont he Apple Web Site.

RBBarrett said:
I am connecting to my network via VPN to a Linksys router. works great, it connects no problem. I see all my kids computers and home server in Apple Remote Desktop and can connect, but the screen remains blank, I never get an image. Any idea of what I am doing wrong? I know I am connecting though the firewall as I had one of the kids change my password and when I tried to connect it told me the password was wrong, then we changed it back and it connected fine again. Any help much appreciated. I have allowed UDP traffic on 3283 as directed ont he Apple Web Site.

However, if you're connecting over a VPN, you shouldn't need to redirect any ports at all! Are you sure it's a true VPN?

I have a Linksys RV082 VPN 10/100 8 port router. I made a connection to my network from Seattle (I am in Memphis) using Mac OS X Tiger amd a VPN PPTP Connection. The connection would let the Remote Access administrator see the computers that were on line and let me log into each. However all I got in return was a blank screen. I would be happy to gove someone a name and password for the vpn and remote access if they could help me figure this out. Thank you in advance. RB

Back