Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) - probs

bluehz

Registered
I am using Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) on my internal LAN to maintain 3 other Macs. I am having problems waking the machines from sleep. I read in the docs that in order for this to work you must turn on the "Wake for Administrative Access" in the Energy Saver cp. I have done this as recommended. One machine (iMac) is running OS 9.2.2 and the other (iBook 2001) is running OS 10.1.3. I can administer to either machine and all is well - if I put the machines to sleep using ARD then I can wake them up whenever I want. If I put the machines to sleep manually or if they go to sleep per their Energy Saver setup - then I can no longer wake them up via ARD.

Any one know whats going on or how to fix it?

I'm having similar problems. On my LAN if I tell a machine to go to sleep, I can't wake it up. It says the Machine is Unavailable. I have to use another application called "Wake" to actually wake up my Mac. Then I can control it.

Also, I can't seem to get access to my computer via the Internet. I've enabled the correct UDP port (3283) but all I get is "There was a problem communicating with...."

Thoughts?

It seems that this is a bug or something Apple hasn't really made clear. I can't wake up my iBook running X or an iMac running 9.2.2 when it's asleep. Sometimes I can wake it up if I put it to sleep from inside ARD, but I usually get an error.

Back