Apple Remote Desktop (REMOVE)

Finch

Insert something here...
Does anyone know how to remove Apple Remote Desktop from an OS X system after an install?

Thanks,
Finch

No... putting it in the trash will only erase the application.... but everyone knows that.
I don't know the version of Mac OS X you have and I don't remember everything prior to X.2 .
With Jaguar, when you install an application, you will find a log file of the program you have installed in your root, somehting like "Apple Remote Desktop Installer log file" or "ADR Installer log file". In it you will find every compononent installed in your system.
If I were you I'd install ARD again and search for that log file. Since you already have it installed it won't hurt to re-install it.

Hope this helps.

Do it the easy way if you go to aquafiles.com you can find a application called DesInstaller this will allow you to uninstall any application you have installed as it uses the receipts left from the installers.

Very nice have used it to remove ARD on a few machines.

Sounds great! I've been through the aquafiles.com site but I can't seem to find the mentioned file, DesInstaller? Was there a name change, is the file spelling (Name) correct? Would you happen to have the developers name or link?

Thanks,
Finch

Back