Apple Retail Stores...

maxebb

Registered
I just heard that Apple is opening retail stores all over the world... the first two in NY and CA.

This is great news to me because I'm sick of haggling with people who really want to sale me a Windows machine.

There's a store being constructed in Palo Alto, CA for Apple. I think it's supposed to open during the summer. I don't know about NY, though...

--Ryan

Apple is in the process of opeing Apple Stores all over the country, and I've heard, internationally.

They have no official announcement, yet, but others involved (eg, city planning, zoning commissions, mall developers) have confirmed Apple locations across the N America.

Three are confirmed for the Palo Alto area, another three to four in Pittsburg, Savannah GA, NYC, Mall Of America in Mineapolis,...etc. If it's not already announced by then, I'm sure it will be part of the grand EXPO announcements building up for July!

I'm pretty sure this is old news, but seeing as this thread was still near the top of the list, i figured I'd say it out loud just for safeties sake:

APPLE IS INDEED OPENING A CHAIN OF RETAIL STORES.

Two will be open tomorrow, in McLean, VA and Glendale, CA. There are 14 more confirmed to open in 2001, including three that should be open within a few weeks of the two tomorrow - Mall of America, Palo Alto and Newport beach.

There are 11 other proposed locations that i think Apple is also trying to get up and running before the Christmas buying rush, but they are definitely "IFs" right now.

Ciao!

PS - Man, I need to change my signature....

What will the apple stores carry ?
Will they carry "online" only products as well (such as the combo drive iBook) ?

Will it be all mac softwares as well ?
Will there be some sort of "discount" to make you want to prefer the apple store over lets say MircoCenter ?

Admiral

Hey I just got my invite.. I will let you know what they have... woohoo!!!!
The Grand Opening will begin at 10:00 a.m. Saturday and last until
midnight. It's going to be a very exciting day for us, and we expect a big
turnout of current and future Mac customers. Be among the first 1000
people to visit on Saturday, and receive a commemorative Apple Store
T-shirt.

Or stop by during our regular store hours:
Monday - Saturday 10 a.m. - 9.30 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.

The Apple Store - Tysons Corner
1961 Chain Bridge Rd
Space 8087
McLean, VA 22102

See you there.

Copyright 2001 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved.

Thank you for being an Apple customer. When you purchased and
registered your Apple product, you indicated that you would like to
receive occasional email. If you have changed your mind and would
prefer not to receive future email, or if you have changed your email
address, please visit: www.apple.com/contact/myinfo

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
What will the apple stores carry ?
Will they carry "online" only products as well (such as the combo drive iBook) ?

Will it be all mac softwares as well ?
Will there be some sort of "discount" to make you want to prefer the apple store over lets say MircoCenter ?

Admiral

THEY WILL CARRY: All available Apple products, 3rd party hardware (including printers, tablets, PDAs, and digital cameras), and software for the Mac.

They will not be doing build to order systems in the store to begin with, at least that was what was repeated from the press conference. but, most of the stores they have rented out have sufficient enough space to perhaps handle servicing and onsite support in the future.

There are already a lot of great pictures online from opening day and many people on the MacNN boards have expressed their hapiness with the store in general and the terrific response it generated today.

Unfortunately, while they are price competitive with most of the major ctalog/online retailers, I don't believe they are immediately doing any of the bennies that most of those other places add-in (i.e. free memory, package deals for printers, etc.). While I'm sure this may be a detriment to some, for me I look at it in a completely different light. part of the cost of shopping at a store is the convenience and the support of helpful sales people. If it's a matter of getting that new TiBook and wanting immediate gratification from the purchase, I like being able to go down to the Mall, talk to a knowledgeable sales person, play with the laptop for a while, then decide to buy it and immediately have someone walk in the back and get it for me. If that means I don't save $120 on an extra 128 MB of really slow RAM, and i don't have to overnight it via Fedex to play with it the NEXT day, then so be it.

Anyway... it looks like a lot of fun, can't wait until we get closer to the one by me!

Ciao!

Woah.

So I walk into the mall Saturday and say, "I wonder where the Apple store is." My wife replies, "Just follow that line down the mall and around the corner."

I couldn't believe the line outside the Tysons Corner, Virginia store this Saturday. The store looked very sexy. The front window had a Mac OS X menu bar across the top and a translucent Finder menu was pulled down. Some finder windows printed large were hanging in the window as well. I wonder what resolution those 12"x12" icons are? 128,000x128,000? Very neat-looking.

I think C|net has some interesting articles about the opening of the stores.

-Rob

They will not be doing build to order systems in the store to begin with

I hope they set this up in the future. It would be unspeakably neat to place a BTO order over the web, then be able to go to the nearest Apple store to pick it up when it's ready.

Back