Apple Scores High on Support

Golfer099

Registered
U.S. consumers unhappy with PC support

Customer satisfaction with technical support is down across the U.S. PC industry, Consumer Reports magazine reported yesterday. The result of a subscriber poll was a
bright spot for Apple, which received a score 74 out of 100. This was higher than last year. Dell, Gateway, and Hewlett-Packard were all down, with scores ranging
from 65 to 52, respectively. Cost cuts at the major makers are taking their toll, said Brooks Gray, analyst at Technology Business Research.

Taken from a corporate website news brief

nice to hear, although the 49$ iTunes 'support' proves it wrong on this board, kinda. :)

I've had nothing but positive experiences the two times I've ever had to call tech support.

Just two days ago, in fact, the adapter for my TiBook fell apart and I was mailed a replacement free of charge which arrived the next day. I don't even have AppleCare.

The only thing is, finding the # for tech support took me 1/2 hour.

Does anyone else find the Search feature on Apple's website to suck big time? Not once have I found what I'm looking for using it.

Tech support with Apple is good. I've only called twice. Once, back 5 years ago when I was having a printer problem. Turned out it was an Epson problem but the guy was nice enough at Apple. More recently, my iPod decided to die (it may, I repeat may, have been harmed by a slight fall onto concrete, but I don't know for sure) and I called this nice Canadian women (the call center was near Toronto) and they had a box out to me in two days and I had a brand new iPod in less than a week. Great service as far as I'm concerned. I guess it's easy to have great service when you don't have any problems to solve (I know that's a stretch)

However, the AppleCare Knowledge Base is awful. Compared to Microsoft TechNet it is really bad. Of course, i suppose when you have as many issues as Microsoft does, you need to have all those "possible" solutions handy.

Back