Apple Shopping 2007

What Apple Products will you buy in 2007?

• iLife '07 / iWork '07

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Aperture

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Final Cut Studio / Final Cut Express

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Mac Pro

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • iMac

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Mac mini

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • MacBook / MacBook Pro

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Displays / Airport and other Accessories

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • iPod

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • iPod nano / iPod shuffle

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard"

Votes: 34 70.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably iWork when (if?) they stick a spreadsheet app in there. Maybe the new OS X version after the first couple revisions. Might be kinda tough to talk the wife into letting me get an iMac, though...

Leopard should be on the list. Or do you think that one goes without saying? ;)

I probably won't buy Leopard, actually, and instead put that $130 towards a future new Mac that will come pre-loaded with Leopard. I don't need my current G4 Mini to run the latest software. Of course, if I find a good price on Leopard like I did with Tiger, I'll probably buy it anyway. And I can't really know how hard I'll come down with the gottahaveitnows, either!

Had to move the thread. Tsk, tsk. People _still_ posting Apple Discussion stuff in The Café? ;) - Also added Leopard.

10.5 of course, and ilife 07. i have 05, and want features of 06 but couldn't justify the cost this year. but next year, as soon as they are both out, i'll get both.

It looks like I'm going to skip Tiger so maybe I'll consider getting Leopard.
I'm also hoping that universal binary versions of all the software that I use
will be released. This will make it easier when I actually move over to Intel
machines, but I have no plans to purchase hardware in 07.

How far back does Apple generally go to allow a free upgrade on a OS? I got my Mac Pro... I want to say mid October. i guess thats too far, so i'm stuck buying it. Can you say... Student Discount via a friend of mine. Work only does 10% off i think, likely less.

They don't really go far back. Basically, they'll announce Leopard and if you buy a machine _then_, after that, you have a chance of getting a free upgrade. At least that's how it was done in the past.

Tiger is £58 student, £89 standard. leopard will be the same, as this has been the pricing of all previous versions of OS X.

'free' upgrades are only available to those who bought new macs after the release date has been anounced (usually a 4-6 week period). and you have to pay shipping etc.

iLife '07 / iWork '07?

You can buy iWork 07 by itself, right? I ran the trial version, seems to cover everything I needed and have nice templates, so I might buy it if they offer student discount.

I'm looking forward to the next version of OS X, especially if it speeds up the operating system even more.

I'll probably get a Mac Mini, but not until they're equipped with Leopard and not until they bump up the specs a little, which they'll probably do when Leopard is out.

I gotta upgrade bad. My 350 mhz G3 Blue and White doesn't cut it any more. I'll have too break ou the plastic and get a Mac Book Pro!

I'm looking forward to the next version of OS X, especially if it speeds up the operating system even more.
I hope it really does speed up with all the new features!!! Kinda getting sick of Vista chucking in new features into the system and just tell people to upgrade their computer to match it!!!

Dont see why it shouldn't - should be a nice speed up...

From the Apple adverts, it looks pretty nifty.

Has anyone actually seen it working ?

Back