Apple should put Party Shuffle on the iPod

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
Party shuffle is random play but it allows user intervention.

Anyone else wish apple would put Party Shuffle on the iPod? I personally love it. The "Play next in party shuffle" feature is ingenious, I would rather have this feature than on the go playlists.

Usually, I listen to my iPod on shuffle and then a song pops into my head that I want to hear next. With on the go playlists, I can go find that song, add it by holding the center button, but the iPod won't play it unless I happen to be listening to the on the go playlist.

I think apple should make it an option on the iPod. There could be a preference, which would let you decide the nature of holding the center button, either add to on the go playlist, or play next in party shuffle.

I think it would be great - and does anyone know if apple does anything along the lines of selecting songs besides just shuffling through your library? I know that iTunes has always selected higher rated songs more often, but non of my songs are rated. Does it look at play count/recent plays at all in determining which songs to have you listen to? Maybe it finds data from the iTunes Music Store to decide which songs are popular? I think that it should, and it would be real cool if it did.

mr. k said:
I think it would be great - and does anyone know if apple does anything along the lines of selecting songs besides just shuffling through your library? I know that iTunes has always selected higher rated songs more often, but non of my songs are rated. Does it look at play count/recent plays at all in determining which songs to have you listen to? Maybe it finds data from the iTunes Music Store to decide which songs are popular? I think that it should, and it would be real cool if it did.

I don't know if it looks at play count or not, but if I play my "5-star songs" list on shuffle and stop it, then start it again, it does have the chance of playing a song I just listened to. So, I don't think that it remembers anything after you stop playing.

Personally, I wish the iPod could queue songs without having to use the On-the-go list. And yeah, even though I have a nice "5-start song list", it would be cool if I could pick a song to play next and then have it go back to shuffling.

Party shuffle needs to ability to skip duplicated tracks as well. I will often see the same song repeated back-to-back. I get around this by running my playlists through a smart playlist that eliminates any songs played that same day, but this would be easier if i could just check the "NO DUPLICATES" check box!

Back