Apple Store Closed.

Sunnz

Who wants a stylus?
Are they bringing out Leopard?

6G iPod?

2 x Quad Core Mac Pros?

Quad Core iMacs?

I thought i might be something more exciting, being Vista launch day and all. I dont think coloured shuffles are going to steal much thunder from MS today.

I wonder if MacBooks will be next.

On the other hand, the shuffles already _are_ a huge success, so it might be the "least important" to build further frenzy for - and next Tuesday or a couple of weeks later might show things that need more attention.

They are all opened now I think. (If you see the coloured shuffle that it means they have already did what needs to be done.)

Have you seen the prices for Vista ? To get 3 copies of Premium it would have £588 for 3 copies, as opposed to a family pack of 10.5 which will hopefully cost around, say, £170...

That's a strange comparison, though, since 3 copies of Premium aren't a family pack. Plus this seems to be the completely wrong thread. :)

there is a family pack deal for Vista, but you must buy Ultimate and 2 home basic, which is pretty crap. However, MS can't make the family pack too good otherwise all the corporations would just but 5000 family packs instead, so you can understand it.

It's $259 USD for an UPGRADE.. but up to $429 if you want to get something that will install on that new computer you're going to have to build. For that price, you could pick up the whole shuffle spectrum, and still have money left over for an iTunes card.

If you build a new computer, you can get the OEM version, so that price ain't right.

If you are an OEM, that is. And one way or another, if you get Vista, you will have to pay through the nose for it.

Actually there is a third way that many people will choose in which I will not go into the details here...:p

very few people buy Windows off the shelf, and MS knows that. Besides, whle it is more expensive than Mac OS, there is far longer between versions, so it evens out.

What I don't like are companies like Dell who dont even give their customers a Windows install disc, but instead a restore disc which is just a disc image. This means you can never have a clean install, because dell slipstreams all sorts of crap with their installs. It also causes issues when trying to repair an installation because you cannot run the properwindows installer.

i hope this trend changes with Vista

You telling me people actually buy the retail version?? I just picked up to OEM copies of Ultimate for my MacBook Pro and self-built PC at home for $194 each. There's no restriction that I'm aware of. If they want to be technical and want me to peel the sticker off and place it on the machine that is fine, but for home use..there's no restrictions or concern about using OEM. When I replace drives or change setup, activation needs to be done over the phone, but I'd figure that's the same if you had retail as well. /shrug

If you are an OEM, that is. And one way or another, if you get Vista, you will have to pay through the nose for it.

Microsoft's definition for who's allowed to buy and install OEM copies of Windows Vista: "an original equipment manufacturer, or an assembler, reassembler, or installer of software on computer systems" ... Come on, it's not _that_ difficult, really. They just don't give you nice boxes with the OEM license, and you _seriously_ can't give an OEM copy back after opening it. But as long as you're an "installer of software on computer systems", you're good to go.

Back