Apple Store down for updates

Oscar Castillo

Registered
Thought about buying a new MacBook Pro for christmas and check the store recently and it's down. I'm guessing it's something not hardware related, being so close to christmas, but you never know.

Well, it's up again!

I had a look and I can't see any changes... I guess it was just some site maintenance. No new hard/software... :(
But what can you expect a few days before Christmas? I guess everyone at Apple is getting ready for the MacWorld expo....

I need a MacBook Pro, but I'm going to try and wait until MacWorld. Although I doubt the updates if any would be very significant as to differentiate it from the current line up. At least I try to convince myself that so I can 1 click. Thought about a refurb 15" 2.4GHz, but I've never purchased any refurb Apple products.

Thought about a refurb 15" 2.4GHz, but I've never purchased any refurb Apple products.

Good as gold, but. IMHO, the savings aren't substantial enough.

This just out today from Mac Rumors web site:

Our Buyer's Guide, however, does not recommend buying MacBook Pros or Mac Pros at this time due to the long lead time since their last update. Rumors have also placed Mac Pro and MacBook Pro revisions in the near future with number of new Intel processors now available for the future machines. To balance this recommendation, however, readers should realize that updates could still be 1-2 months away, with Macworld Expo (January 15th) being the earliest possible date that these upgrades would be announced. And even if announced at Macworld, actual shipping dates could be delayed beyond that date.

I think $400 off is pretty substantial, but not if the track record on refurbs from Apple is problematic. I may decide to go with a 2.2GHz, save a little money and it's new.

I think $400 off is pretty substantial, but not if the track record on refurbs from Apple is problematic. I may decide to go with a 2.2GHz, save a little money and it's new.

I can vouch for Apple refurbs (iPod and Mac), if that means anything to you! The price is worth it, and you get the same 1yr warranty service as new products.

(apologies for off-topic post!)

Andy

To date:
1 Nano
2 Shuffles
1 Apple TV
3 iBooks
2 iMacs
2 Airport Express

All from the refurb store, all pristine, and all performed (or are still performing) flawlessly.

Plus, all have the same Apple warranty as "new" and all are eligible for AppleCare.

I, too, would buy a new Mac Pro. As Leopard seems to need some fixing, I shall wait and see what's coming up in 3 to 6 months from now, hoping that it'll be rather 3 than 6, because I'm impatient to put my fingers on OSX3 and Objective C2 !

Back