Apple Store Pro Card

I want that card. No particular reason. I mean, I can transfer my own files over. The 10% savings would be nice (Apply that to a nice, new 20" cinema.. ahh). I could install my own software. And haven't had a trip to the Genius bar, yet (knock's on wood)

No, no.. The only reason I'd want that card is just to have it in my wallet. So, when I pull my wallet out, people could see it and wonder, "What is that?" - or if it's another Mac user, will know exactly what it is. ;)
Plus, it just looks cool.

(OT - that's exactly how I got in debt to AMEX - I thought their Blue cards looked cool :p)

Genius bar is a "bar" in apple stores where you have geeks that help you with your hard- and software issues. you can bring in your own mac to have them have a look, or your ipod or what ever mac stuff you have. if your mac has a problem and is under warranty they fix it likely free, otherwise for a small fee. They are immortal though so mostly my problems are so specific or weird that they tend to fail on fixing those.

One interesting thing though: If you order your G5 in an Apple Store, you 100 % have to pay the sales tax ... that can be up to 10 %. If i wait untill the online stores, other than from apple, will sell G5s, and if i then order the same g5 e.g. from a store in NY that exists only in NY, i'll save the sales tax (and shipping won't be THAT pricy). And then the 10 % off the software etc on the store - again, after sales tax you'll pay appr. the price written on the box, like saving only the sales tax.

But the card looks nice and feels exclusive. They were advertising them on Michigan Ave opening. I wonder if getting one in Michigan Ave would qualify for service and discounts also on Woodfield etc?

Originally posted by Giaguara
Genius bar is a "bar" in apple stores where you have geeks that help you with your hard- and software issues. you can bring in your own mac to have them have a look, or your ipod or what ever mac stuff you have. if your mac has a problem and is under warranty they fix it likely free, otherwise for a small fee. They are immortal though so mostly my problems are so specific or weird that they tend to fail on fixing those.

One interesting thing though: If you order your G5 in an Apple Store, you 100 % have to pay the sales tax ... that can be up to 10 %. If i wait untill the online stores, other than from apple, will sell G5s, and if i then order the same g5 e.g. from a store in NY that exists only in NY, i'll save the sales tax (and shipping won't be THAT pricy). And then the 10 % off the software etc on the store - again, after sales tax you'll pay appr. the price written on the box, like saving only the sales tax.

But the card looks nice and feels exclusive. They were advertising them on Michigan Ave opening. I wonder if getting one in Michigan Ave would qualify for service and discounts also on Woodfield etc?

It would. Apple equals apple. It'd be the same thing if you bought a gift certificate at blockbuster, went the town over, and used it at their blockbuster.

EDIT: PS: 100 posts :D

Originally posted by Giaguara
They are immortal though so mostly my problems are so specific or weird that they tend to fail on fixing those.
Don't you mean 'mortal'? or possibly 'not omniscient'? ;) :p

It's too bad that a card that is targeted for complete newbies is called Apple Store Pro Card and looks so cool :p

I agree. I bought a new AlBook. Does that not make me a Pro? I use my Albook to assist with my income. Does that not make me a Pro?...

kcwookie

So how on Earth do you get your hands on a Pro card?
It doesn't tell you anywhere (or have I missed something???)!
Do get it free with all pro products or what?:confused:

I believe if you purchase a G5 system from an Apple Store you receive on of these cards.

edit: Invicster-- Check the bottom of the linked-to page

invicster, it wouldn't work over here anyway - no UK Applestores!

UK Apple Centres wouldn't like it one bit (independantly run, little profit) and resellers would absolutely refuse.

Even if the UK had Applestores it wouldn't happen this far from home. The card is subject to US laws, not international laws.

Maybe a US friend will send you one to show off with. While you're at it, get them to send two - I want to show off as well!

Back