Apple Talk Network Possible?

budncal

Registered
I have a G3 and a G4 which I used to network using Apple Talk. Now I have OS X on both and am wondering how to set up something similar. Apple's help is not very clear about what I should do. Anyone have any experience networking two or more OS X based Macs without Appleshare?

Originally posted by budncal
I have a G3 and a G4 which I used to network using Apple Talk. Now I have OS X on both and am wondering how to set up something similar. Apple's help is not very clear about what I should do. Anyone have any experience networking two or more OS X based Macs without Appleshare?

I haven't been having any luck either with a G3 with X and other mac systems using 8 or 9. Seems X cannot see the other Macs on the network (although the other macs can see it and connect via appletalk (only by IP though).

Hi Folks,
I'm not brave enough to upgrade all my computer to OSX but I did enable file sharing in OSX and can access it from my other Mac running OS9 via the chooser if I enter the server's IP Address. My OSX box is on the other side of my router so I can't see via AppleTalk in the chooser even though I have it enabled.

Hope that helps

Back