Apple to add SMS synching between iCal, iSync, Address Book and Nokia phones...?

"Will post pic tomorrow or day after."

I would not mind seeing some of these pictures. if anybody has a link of screenshots of the adressbook and ical and bluetooth working together I would be interested in seeing that link.

thanks

plastic

those are great but I was realy looking screenshot of the adress book using sms and the caler Id.

thanks those were terific too

Originally posted by emck
plastic

those are great but I was realy looking screenshot of the adress book using sms and the caler Id.

thanks those were terific too
Will do my best to remember to get this done today. If I forget, please remember to remind me... LOL...

And bleah... Nokia's Bluetooth implementation is crap. The 7650 had so much problems talking to the BTv1.2 D-Link BT Adaptor.

Pass... until Nokia clean up their act and update their BT devices.

You sync up with your computer via comm port via Bluetooth, Infrared, Data Cable. Your service provider does not play any part in this. Just check out Apple's website for supported phone models for iSync.

Yeah I knoew its not upto the provider, thats what I thought, but all I can see is GSM type phones and the T60C I have is a CDMA phone. Does that matter?

I'm checking the iSync forum now.

Cheers

eric

I don't think it matters whether the phone is a GSM one or a CDMA one. Most importantly it is the protocol of the serial port. (Or the OS running it). I think.

Can give it a try. Loan a data cable, or use the IR port on the Powerbook to test it out first if your mobile phone is supported by iSync. Cheers.

Cheers Guys

I might give it a go when I get some more dosh and that wont be till after my second child is born, mortgage to pay and al that boring stuff.

I did notice on the Apple iSync forum that someone wass waiting to hear if the T60C worked as he had one.

Nokia supports the essential ingredient in this equation.. SyncML. BUT.. they only support it on the WAP and HTTP-protocols over GSM/GPRS. Ericsson support SyncML on Bluetooth, hence.. phones from Ericsson are syncable with iSync.
It shouldn't be too hard for other phone manufacturers, like Nokia, to support SyncML on Bluetooth, or other interfaces like USB or IrDA. But.. Apple could make some cool thingy with .Mac witch would allow syncability with Nokia hand sets.

What's the deal with Nokia (and other) phones with GPRS and Mac OS today? I'm mostly interested in using GPRS for internet access (not WAP), and would be interested in knowing which GPRS-capable phones are compatible with Mac OS X.

Hey Plastic, I'm planning on ordering a T68i from Amazon.com this weekend. (To my fellow Americans: this is a great deal--just $25 after rebate when you sign up for one year of T-Mobile service! Offer expires Mon. 1/6!) When you use iSync with your phone, do the pictures in Address Book transfer over to the phone? I know the T68i has the ability to store pictures of people on it and then show the picture on the screen when the person calls you. If the photos don't transfer over with iSync, what do you do to get the contacts' photos over into your phone? Thanks!

they don't automatically transfer, no. you have to use apple's bluetooth file transfer utility or download a t68i bluetooth transfer utility to move the pictures to your phone. you can then link the pictures to the people.

Back