Apple to buy Sony? or Sony to buy apple?

I don't think people understand just how huge Sony is... they are much larger then Apple... so it is unlikely that Apple would be able to buy Sony out.

I could understand why Sony would like to buy Apple out, they are the only other "designer" computer company posing a problem for Sony. (IMHO).

Right now Apple is hot, the iPod has made them a recognized company again in the PC world. It has been a long time since PC users were buying anything Apple... so I don't think Apple is going to make the same mistake they made with the iMacs and start foolishly spending money on expanding the company by buying out other companies, namely Sony.

Hey Evildan - thaks for the interesting comments and you got me thinking. In many ways the iPod is the Walkman of the 2000s. Just why didn't Sony come up with it is probabaly a big issue in Sony board rooms! I mean Apple had the edge in being a computer company, but Sony makes computers too of course, but all running Windows. That puts them in a wait and see mode on many things with computers and we all know MS runs on a wait and see mode using Apple for "inspiration." From what I have read, Sony sees Microsoft as a big competitor (who probably cannot be trusted in a partnership) so Apple as a partner for Sony has a lot of promise.

Back