Apple To Drop Aqua?! (WTF?!)

This could be open to abuse!!:eek:

Anyway as long as it stays brushed, nothing like a unkept head of hair to annoy us users.

I'm not going to comment on what has gone on earlier in the thread, but I'd like to say that brushed metal is kind of good. I think its cool that Apple is providing an alternate design.

Also I think we will be able to do this through interface builder. Which would be cool.

Originally posted by dricci
spelt v. - A past tense and a past participle of spell.

dang, now i'll get to bed less stupid tonight
I speak French in my everyday life but still, I knew "spelled" not "spelt"
Thx ;)

Direct from the Merriam-Webster Ninth Collegiate Dictionary:

vacuous adj 1: emptied of or lacking content 2: marked by lack of ideas or intelligence : STUPID, INANE <a ~ mind> <a ~ expression> 3: devoid of serious occupation : IDLE syn see EMPTY - vacuously adv - vacuousness n.

I can see how this applies to [some people in] this thread.

Getting back to the thread, it would be nice if Apple skinned Mac OS X.

Originally posted by jaredbkt
"PS, i am pretty Certain, Favour is spelt, how I spelt it! (In PROPER English!)"

Jesus man. You must be very young and stupid. A word isn't "SPELT"...it's "SPELLED". Again, I beg of you, take some damn english lessons.

ManicDVLN again, yes? Be quiet, OK?

Isn't this kind of funny, though? I remember a time when Neyo was flamed for his l33T spelling and strange choice of language. But back THEN people actually had a point in flaming him. And what happened? Neyo shows off with proper English.

Reminds me of a (albeit sad) joke I got via mail from an English man last week: "There are no colored people in the UK. It's spelt 'coloured' here."

Back on topic (kinda): Brushed metal does bad things to an otherwise very consistent interface. And I remember when it wasn't Apple who compromised their own guidelines & ideas. I'm *not* looking forward to other applications using the brushed metal look.

Originally posted by fryke
Isn't this kind of funny, though? I remember a time when Neyo was flamed for his l33T spelling and strange choice of language. But back THEN people actually had a point in flaming him. And what happened? Neyo shows off with proper English.

HAHA! i was Reminiscing Too! And i still do find it a Struggle, not to include "2's, u's" and all over I33T Kinda Stuff!
so Now, i Often Re-Read my Post, and have to change small elements, in the aim, no to be Caught by my Grammar Teacher, Ed! :D LOL!!
But Hey, I'm "one of the boys now", Why not speak like one! :p

:D

NeYo

Back On topic, Too!

I like the iApps having this Brushed Metal appearance, its pretty unique, and looks good! However, i wouldn't want to see apple "overdo" it, and lose the consitency, with OS X's Gui as a whole!

(Damn, i am sounding more and more like a "mac" *cough*cough* User, everyday! LOL)

NeYo

i dig it... im hoping that an app will have preferences to switch back and forth between the Aqua jelly stuff and the metal... that would be sweet.

then again, I am running a theme and dont see the aqua stuff anymore, anyway.

Originally posted by googolplex
I'm not going to comment on what has gone on earlier in the thread, but I'd like to say that brushed metal is kind of good. I think its cool that Apple is providing an alternate design.

Well they did say they were getting rid of the horizontal stripes, right? ;-)

I use that Theme software to get rid of the lines, and it is so much better.;)

Hurray POST 400!!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by uoba
I use that Theme software to get rid of the lines, and it is so much better.;)

Hurray POST 400!!!:D :D :D

Hey! Can you post a Screenshot, of Aqua, Without the Lines?! Sounds "different" :D

Thanks man!

NeYo

since it's my 401st post!;)

Sorry 'bout the size people!!:eek:

Anyway, The only reminder of lines that I have is IE5! still retains them. also, I can't remember what had lines originally so I presuming these finder windows etc do!

Attachments

• picture-2.jpg
    picture-2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 60
*vomits* If Apple dared take away the lines (or at least not leave an option to keep them) I wold probably have to ramm an OS X.2 cd where Steve Jobs REALLY wouldn't apreciate it.

I'm sorry, but I HATE the look without the lines.

And to the iApp look. I like the idea of the brushed steel iApps, but if other apps start to use it, it will look shocking. If it's just the iApps, it makes them stand out.

Just thought I'd point out that according to Oxford's Advanced Learner's Dictionary the past tense and past participle of 'spell' is spelled or spelt. :D

Back