Apple to launch iTunes for Windows

Hmmm... So will iTunes for windows have all of the features of the Mac version? Or will it be simply a gateway to allow purchasing from the iTunes store, which is really the only reason it's being ported?

It would be great if I have such an app available to me when I have to use a Windows machine...

At last! :D I just hope that they are going to make iTunes and iTunes Music Store the same as the Mac versions! :)

Now, where are the world wide versions? :mad:

many win-people have been waiting for this since iTunes 1.0! And now it's there! After.... 4 years? Cool! :)

I understand that Win32 iTunes is going to have the best compatibility, but i dont see why if the licensing was established, they couldnt have made the iTMS available to wintel users via the web. It's all powered by webobjects anyway, so why not allow web access as well?
What about all the *NIX(Linux, Unix, BSD, SGI, O/S2, etc) people? they STILL won't be able to access it. Sure its great when its just integrated, but that shouldnt be put ahead of accessibility..

I think one of the best selling points of iTunes' music store is that it is so all in one, you can download songs, archive them in your library, and easily burn them to cd or transfer them to you iPod. My friends with music collections on their pc's just stash them in folders, then need one app to change the mp3 tags, another to burn them to cd, another to play them, and with some sort of mp3 player a different app to push files to the device.
Apple want's the most seamless easy-to-use experience possible, and iTunes is just so polished that I think it will be a huge app for pc. Mabye apple charges windows users for it, that would be real funny.

I think winTunes will have all the features that the mac version currently supports. The Music store is part of the reason for the port, but to be honest they really dont make that much money from the music store. 10 cents per song! Thats how much they make on the sale of each song.
The other reason for the port, and the more strategic one, is the iPod. The ability for win users to better manage their iPods, will sell more of the great devices.

Back