Apple to release iMovie 3, iPhoto 2 tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't see anything.

come to think of it, i don't even see a place to download itunes 3...

i think my current solution is going to be to point my browser to apple/iphoto/download and write an apple script to constantly refresh the page.

They will have so many entries in their error log, they will think twice about delaying the release by 6 days and then not give it to us right away.

Ok, maybe not....

I guess patience is an unimplemented feature in Mac User 2003. But then again, maybe we'll see it in a later version? ;)

i think the key word you used was "GIVE".

they're giving this stuff away - they can do it whenever they want, or not at all. sure, they said it'd be out on the 24th, and then pushed it back a week... but guess what? it's still free. if you want it *THAT* bad, i'm certain you can find it on one of many filesharing apps. (trust me, i've seen them around.)

Originally posted by Gnomo
i think my current solution is going to be to point my browser to apple/iphoto/download and write an apple script to constantly refresh the page.

They will have so many entries in their error log, they will think twice about delaying the release by 6 days and then not give it to us right away.

Ok, maybe not....

Originally posted by wtmcgee
if you want it *THAT* bad, i'm certain you can find it on one of many filesharing apps. (trust me, i've seen them around.)

Two problems with that:

1st - I'm behind a firewall that has closed all the ports except for a very select few that are for "approved" internet activities.

2nd - I WAS BEING SARCASTIC~! Next time I'll use < sarcasm > tags to make it clearer for you.

If someone were to do what I (sarcastically) suggested, it would be considered by most authorities to be a low level DoS attack. I don't know about you, but I'm not a H4><0r and doing that really wouldn't make iLife become available for download any faster.

Edited to make the < sarcasm > appear

You know, it always rubs me the wrong way when someone throws that "GIVE" word out there or implies that I shouldn't complain about software that is distributed for free.

Apple uses these free applications to promote their products. i.e., You should buy this computer because it comes with some really cool apps. I have shelled out 10's of thousands of dollars to Apple over the years and don't really feel I've been given anything for "free".

Personally I don't like the way Apple used .Mac (I forget what they originally called it) to promote the sell of computers and then 6 months after you buy their computer you have to pay for .Mac to keep it. Felt kinda like the old bait & switch to me.

But Apple has to do what they need to do to stay ahead of the game. If they need a little longer to tweak iPhoto than they originally thought that's fine with me. I'd rather have it work correctly than be rushed to production. Hopefully they're implementing all the cool ideas I suggested at MWSF!

Originally posted by bigbadbill
But Apple has to do what they need to do to stay ahead of the game. If they need a little longer to tweak iPhoto than they originally thought that's fine with me. I'd rather have it work correctly than be rushed to production. Hopefully they're implementing all the cool ideas I suggested at MWSF!
They delayed iLife the first time because of the Powermac upgrade announcement and the display price drops.

I have no idea why they couldn't post it at the same time.

they rumor was that they delayed it for the powermac updates. i doubt that was the original case seeing as the powermacs have been released but still no ilife. maybe the apps have not yet gone gold?

Hey twister, when are you gonna finish your Xchat logo (The x Bubble one) I wanna see what you come up with.

Fryke wants us to stop posting here, the new apps are out go get 'em. Sorry Fryke.

Umm when i get time. So how's April? Ok maybe i'll do it this weekend or next week. Gotta remember to email the file home though. Thanks for reminding me.

Twister

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back