Apple uses Chimera!

Originally posted by Chibi15
I am surprised that Apple uses Chimera at official events - Chimera crashes quite often...

I'm sure they checked the sites first to make sure it wouldn't choke on any of them.

I'm using Chimera .27 right now, and absolutely love it--I haven't seen anything render pages this fast since Netscape 4. That said, the whole crash-on-Java thing is a problem for me--I have to load up IE5 or Mozilla to play Yahoo! Games, for example, or to request documents through my university's library. But the bulk of what I do on the web I can do with Chimera, and faster than I can with any other browser.

I also love the tabs, especially when I'm using message boards like this--I can "Open Message in New Tab" and close it when I'm finished without fiddling with the "Back" key. In IE, I opened a new window every time, and that got cumbersome.

Cheers,

Originally posted by Chibi15
I recently watched the keynote about XServe and at the presentation for database-driven webpages they used chimera navigator!! :eek:

You can see on the attached screenshot or look for yourself

www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/xserve/
its at 00:42:24

* Edited: * You can exactly see that Phil Schiller is launching Chimera!

umm... i don't see video... is it audio only? if so, how'd you get that screenshot?

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12

umm... i don't see video... is it audio only? if so, how'd you get that screenshot?

The video worked for me. Do you have your connection settings correct? If you specify a low bandwidth it may give you an audio-only quicktime stream.

Back