Apple Warns resellers of upcoming dry spell

Ripcord

Senior Lurker
From AppleInsiders:

Apple Computer last week advised its reseller channel to immediately submit all orders for end-of-quarter purchases, sources said. The company went on to warn dealers that all CPU inventory (with the exception of Power Macs) is expected to be "sold-out" by March 27th and a product dry spell would occur for approximately the first three weeks in April.

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=401

So is this a signal of new products coming? Or is it what Apple says it is, an inability to keep up with regular demand of the upcoming educational buying season?

If the first, I say great! though I'm worried that implies that this might happen at the END of April, and we're already WAY overdue for some new news/products. If the second, how can Apple possibly think this is acceptable? It's just another thing to alienate resellers and piss off consumers...

dry spell? why are they getting rid of inventory... To make room for NEW stuff :)... can't be bad in the long run...

I hope so, though AppleInsider's take from "reliable sources" is that they're supposedly just unable to cope with upcoming demand.

Back