apple

Trik

Registered
Hey
I was just at the apple store at the mall of america,and damn is that place kickin I would have to say also its the most elegant store that I have seen too in awhile well just saying its awsome
every town should get one.
thank you apple
Andy

I only hope they really help Apple to achieve what they should achieve. They look so stylish, they can't be inexpensive to maintain. Hopefully, they really catch some more customers with this!

Is the most important part of these stores. Also the selling of much Mac software.

When I visited the store in McLean, VA I saw so many software titles that I wanted to buy. I knew about most of them, but just seeing them on a shelf reminded me of their existence, and that I wanted it.

There is something about seeing products displayed that increases desire to own that product. We'll call this the "shiny" effect.

The Apple Stores have perfected the "shiny" effect. By making the stores open and spacious, it creates a comfort-level that is unparalled in most stores. It invites people to linger and play. If you ask me, I love playing and not being rushed to do anything. This is SO important to the Mac market, because most of us understand that if you can sit someone down with a Mac long enough, then they will start to know and love what we always have.
Couple the atmosphere with Apple's product design(which SCREAMS "shiny!") and lots of other slick gadgets, like camcorders, camera's, scanners, mp3 players, etc. Everything in the store is cool, and the store itself is cool. It makes Apple look cool. Everyone wants to be cool. Don't you?
Lets also remember that Apple profits not only from the sale of the computers, but also the sale of these other products. And all the software manufacturers are benifiting by having a HUGE increase in shelf space.
More publishers are going to think about developing/porting their products for the Mac because of this increased shelf space.

For me, the closest Apple retailer is a CompUSA. The Mac section there is well kept, but ignored by the sales reps. Which doesn't say much, since the sales reps ignore everybody in the store, but at least they are walking around the other parts of the store. They don't set foot in the Mac section.
The small Apple retailers are really what have supported the Mac community through the bumpy rides that we have all had, but they aren't doing enough to promote new customers. These stores are going to do a very good job of finding NEW customers. This will GROW Apple's market share (and profits).
Why do I mention profits? Because if Apple is profitable, wildly profitable, all of that profit money is going to Research and Development, where all the cool apple toys come from. The more profit that Apple makes now, the cooler the toys are going to be next year.

Apple stores are A Good Thing.

FaRuvius

Back