Applecare has gone down hill

littletiger12

Registered
I have own a few Apple computers and like all technology have had a few faults. Which i have been happy dealing direct with Apple because i paid the extra for applecare. My iBook G3 700 died the day i was going on vacations so i ended up packing it up and taking it along, i called apple and they directed me to an apple store to have the bug checked out. The genius had me try to over heat my make to show the error i ended up spending 3 hours there and could not reproduce the fault. it was not until i got a new genius that he saw the fault discription i gave grinding hard drive and fan, system freeze for 2 - 3 mins then freeing up for a 1min then the reboot to a blank folder with a "?" he then sent the iBook in for repairs, 7 days latter i picked it up with a larger HD and new logic card. Well i installed what software i had with me and put the computer away since i had made my vacation a trip to buy my new Powerbook G4 (what a steal $1499 for PiG4 1.5 15"/512/80+superdrive), good guys display clearance model i love it when they bring a new line a out the display model are always the best bargin in town, I aways buy then).

I got back home (germany, i in the military stationed here) and less then 2 hours my iBook dies, the classic recall fault of the logic board. the screen goes crazy and does not boot.

so i call applecare, they then have me drive to another city to get to a reseller so he can look at my computer.

this is where apple has gone down hill, it used to be mail it in and we will fix it, it was a fast system, now i have to goto see apple reseller who treat me like i don't know anything about computers(11 years emedded programmer, developing driver and porting OSes and Bios code). They say it will take to weeks to fix, but why did apple give me a faulty logic board last month when i took it in for repares ? why do i have to drive lots of miles to be treat with no respect over faults that are plain to see, even alink posted on the apple website for it.

the old apple was so much helpful

well that it down and got all my pains of my chest can carry on being a normal user again

sorry if you thing i just blow a blog but it was not

You should have told the tech you couldn't bring it in and wanted the send in service. If the first tech doesn't help, escalate it.

Back