AppleCare or do they?

Sighter

Lord of Coffee
Anyone of you knows why Apple raised the price of the AppleCare program
that much?? I cannot find info about it...

-Sighter

yes.

i work for an apple reseller, and the reasons they lifted the price are:

1. Desktop computers come with on site service for three years,
2. Notebooks come with three year international warranty,
3. A couple of extra features, such as member only forums and such and such.

Personally one were buying a mac - GET APPLECARE. Man, if one more customer drops their jaw at the sight of a $800 repair bill on a CRT iMac only worth $1000, I will cry.

"Did you get AppleCare?"

"No."

"Well, tough titties."

Anyone know why I can't buy Apple Care in Florida? Kind of stupid... my darn State... :(

Did they really vote so differently from the rest of US citizens ?

>Personally one were buying a mac - GET APPLECARE.
> Man, if one more customer drops their jaw at the sight
> of a $800 repair bill on a CRT iMac only worth $1000,
> I will cry.

I would expect such a repair to be supported by warranty during the first 3 years. A good CRT is good for at least 5 years.

I don't know what the story is with Applecare in Florida... All I know is a consumer cannot buy it unless from another state... or has a tax exempt ID.

If you have a residence somewhere else (in another state) where you can get mail (your parents residence for example) then you can buy AppleCare. I also live in Flordia and I spoke with an AppleCare rep about this. She said that as long as it is purchased in another state, AppleCare will take care of me no matter where I am in the US. If I need to send my iBook back, and I'm in Florida, then they will send the dispatch box to Florida.

There is supposedly a law that prevents computer manufacturers from selling extended care plans for computers in Florida, but there are plenty of ways around it.

Back