Applemail

Saundersr

Registered
Does anyone know how to import address books from Microsoft Outlook into OSX 10.2 version of Applemail?

And also importing the address book from the OSX 10.1 version of Applemail into the 10.2 version?

That's the problem. In Outlook I can only export contacts as a Mac or Windows test file.

And in Applemail 10.2 I do not see any export options.

Not under import/export, but I believe it is from the tools menu, that you can export as vCards. I'll check it out later, OK?
What version of Outlook are you using?

Martijn

I'm using Outlook on Windows 2000 at work right now. The following is a way to do it, but it might not be the best way.

If you can't figure out a way to export them all, you can at least go to the "Actions" menu, then "Forward as vCard" and do them one at a time. This will put your contact as a vCard into an e-mail which you can mail to yourself.

I'm not sure how you'd do it for a whole bunch of Contacts - this looks like it will only export a single contact.

I checked Outlook help, and the list of file types it can import/export doesn't look too promising. It definitely says it cannot export vCards (you can only e-mail).

HTH!

... You select all contacts, froward them as vCard, email them to yourself end then import all the attached vCards into Addressbook. And you're done!

That worked perfectly for me!

Good luck,

Martijn

Easier Solution:
Select all the names and drag them to an empty folder. This creates Vcards.
Now just do the import in Mail.

As a follow-up, this might help:

http://www.apple.com/switch/howto/pc/email.html

It looks like Apple's Address Book only covers Outlook Express [of the Microsoft products]. Apparently, Outlook and Outlook Express handle things differently, so I'm not sure whether you could transfer your contacts from Outlook to Outlook Express, then to your Mac's Address Book via vCard.

So much for the "industry standard file format known as vCard."

Back